Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Text of the Presidential Press Conference

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive

there’s some really funny lines in there

:rollover:

Anonymous

Hey! What’s so funny? Isn’t that exactly what the “president said, word for word, at the conference?

Either that, or I’m must be going crazy, because I swear that is exactly what I heard him say!

Seriously, though, I get nausiated whenever I hear him speak, uttering his “freedom” and “terror” mantra, brainwashing the public with propoganda, rhetoric, lies and euphamisms.

The scariest thing of all isn’t Bush and his cronies. The scariest thing – the most dangerous thing – is the silence of the press.

Here’s some interesting facts:

– When Bush travels around the United States, the Secret Service visits the location ahead of time and orders local police to set up “free speech zones” or “protest zones” where people opposed to Bush policies (and sometimes sign-carrying supporters) are quarantined. These zones routinely succeed in keeping protesters out of presidential sight and outside the view of media covering the event.

– When Bush came to the Pittsburgh area on Labor Day 2002, 65-year-old retired steel worker Bill Neel was there to greet him with a sign proclaiming, “The Bush family must surely love the poor, they made so many of us.” The local police, at the Secret Service’s behest, set up a “designated free-speech zone” on a baseball field surrounded by a chain-link fence a third of a mile from the location of Bush’s speech. The police cleared the path of the motorcade of all critical signs, though folks with pro-Bush signs were permitted to line the president’s path. Neel refused to go to the designated area and was arrested for disorderly conduct; the police also confiscated his sign. Neel later commented, “As far as I’m concerned, the whole country is a free speech zone. If the Bush administration has its way, anyone who criticizes them will be out of sight and out of mind.”

– The Justice Department is now prosecuting Brett Bursey, who was arrested for holding a “No War for Oil” sign at a Bush visit to Columbia, S.C. Local police, acting under Secret Service orders, established a “free speech zone” half a mile from where Bush would speak. Bursey was standing amid hundreds of people carrying signs praising the president. Police told Bursey to remove himself to the “free speech zone.”

– The ACLU, along with several other organizations, is suing the Secret Service for what it charges is a pattern-and-practice of suppressing protesters at Bush events in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, Texas, and elsewhere. The ACLU’s Witold Walczak said of the protesters, “The individuals we are talking about didn’t pose a security threat; they posed a political threat.”

– On May 30, 2002, Ashcroft effectively abolished restrictions on FBI surveillance of Americans’ everyday lives first imposed in 1976. One FBI internal newsletter encouraged FBI agents to conduct more interviews with antiwar activists “for plenty of reasons, chief of which it will enhance the paranoia endemic in such circles and will further service to get the point across that there is an FBI agent behind every mailbox.” The FBI took a shotgun approach towards protesters partly because of the FBI’s “belief that dissident speech and association should be prevented because they were incipient steps towards the possible ultimate commission of act which might be criminal,” according to a Senate report.

There are hundreds of facts which point to the loss of freedom of speech in the U.S.

In Canada, if protesters were being herded 1/2 a mile from the prime minister so that they wouldn’t affect public opinion it would be in the headlines, on radio, on tv

And here we are, with only three regular posters who care enough to get mad – and have the balls to express concern and pass on information – and not about one small area of U.S. problem, such as the lack of online gambling regulation, but about the essential underlying ominous and very real threat to everything held dear to the citizens of a once free country.

Don’t wait till they come knocking on your door. They already have.

“If you aren’t a part of the solution, you are part of the problem.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)