Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Tax and Affiliate Cheques – Australia

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stroysam

Hi,
    We’ve just received our first cheque from rewards affiliates and there was no statement with it like other affiliate programs provide – so we have nothing to show the gov. to explain the payment.

I just wanted to find out what other affiliates do as this is really unusual, other programs give a cover sheet with a short note about what the payment is for so this is new to me.

There isn’t even a company header or address and these are usually required to be photocopied and such.

Does anyone have any advice they can offer?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Most affiliate programs we work with pay by wire transfer.
    There is no physical paperwork at all.

I cannot see why this will create any porblems at all as long as you correctly record the deposit in your books for end of year tax treatment.

Stroysam

Hi, thanks for your response.

Unfortunately rewards affiliates did send an Australian Dollar cheque via Proc cyber with no cover letter and we need to explain all income so this is a little awkward for us – in fact, we’ve not cashed the cheque and can’t until we sort this out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rainbowsauce 149919 wrote:

Hi, thanks for your response.

Unfortunately rewards affiliates did send an Australian Dollar cheque via Proc cyber with no cover letter and we need to explain all income so this is a little awkward for us – in fact, we’ve not cashed the cheque and can’t until we sort this out.

What’s eaxctly is the problem?
    Deposit the cheque – and record what it is “Affiliate payment from REward affiliates”

Retail businesses take cash and cheque transactions everyday without needing a receipt from the person paying ?
    :Cry:

Now in you were PAYING a bill you might want a tax receipt – I understand that …
    But cash/cheque/bank earnings are part of real world business.
    The Tax department understands that.
    :hattip:

Stroysam

As a single mum trying to create online earnings I am still not earning enough to stand alone so I have to explain in detail every earned amount to the Government and it’s closely scrutinized.

They photocopy every ounce of proof of work and every dollar earned has to be declared and explained regularly – that’s why I wanted something written to explain it.

aaronsmith

I am sure you will be ok doing just as gooner said

Stroysam

Hi,
    I already know this is not the case, that’s why I came here looking for help, well, technically I came here looking for help because Renee sent me here.

Thanks anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

or just ask rewardaffiliates for a statement?

that’s what i do in some cases…
    you can also send them a debit note yourself and thank them for the payment

i am also asked to have everything black on white

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)