Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Targeting non-english traffic

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    e-agro.net

If you want to expand your site for non-english speakers, is there any bonus to registering a new domain with the relevant country code? Will this help s.e.o of the content? E.g. if your going for korean traffic, to get website.kr ? Or is it enough to just have the foreign language on your main site?

Thanks

frankBP

Yes – in fact, I’d say it was vital. But for non-English alphabets, you’ll have to register an Internationalised Domain Name (IDN) to enable users to type your address in their own language.

As a side note, if you’re thinking of getting your site translated make sure you employ someone fluent in both languages AND the vocabulary of gambling. ‘House edge’ can be translated in many ways – most of them useless!

e-agro.net
    Quote:
    As a side note, if you’re thinking of getting your site translated make sure you employ someone fluent in both languages AND the vocabulary of gambling. ‘House edge’ can be translated in many ways – most of them useless!

Thanks.. I was about to consider going on the cheaps and taking the easy route. You saved me alot of wasted time:hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

With translations you do have to be careful because the language you learn in school isn’t the one people talk.

For example, I’ve been undercut on some french translation jobs by guys from Africa. Yes, their price is very attractive, but they learned from textbooks so when you read it, it doesn’t feel natural. Anyone native reading it will notice it in 2 seconds and you just lost credibility.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)