Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

so i though to do a masters degree…

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #613087
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    …and i finished today :D wooo-fucking-whoo! i have no idea why i signed up for such evil shit but now i have a degree in masters of commerce with business information systems major.

    i’m sorry for beatin my chest like tarzan, but had to let it go. i’m now a free man! yea baby…grrrr :cappy:

    so now that i’m super cool, what have you got behind your belt?

    #786838
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Well done.
    :hattip:

    I have absolutely nothing like that … left school at 16 … and was never ever likely to see additional formal education. I did do a few cooking classes recently nad can cook a nice beer stroganoff.
    :tongue:

    Instead I went straight to work in the computer industry … they took keen people of the streets back in those days …
    :3eyes:

    #786909
    Danman
    Member

    Nicely done Splinterfree.

    Had to land a Masters in Advertising & Marketing before they’d let me touch a banner or talk to an affiliate :tongue:

    I’ll tell you who does have great credentials, that’s Rasmus from Betbrain. I’m sure he’s done a degree in betting/gambling and is working on a Phd (I think!). Right that’s it, he owes me a beer.

    #786912
    Tramalosri
    Member

    Congrats…

    Think I have a master of something… oh yea International Economics… focus on marketing. The Swedish kind, so dunno what to translate it to… cruising around at campus chasing tails.

    Did a spin in the US as well.

    Congrats again! Always nice to get rid of those books and papers and…

    #787145
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Wow congrats to all the masters!

    I have a 3/4 finished Computer Science degree (I was almost done when I decided I hated programming – Go Renee!)

    Decided to become a web designer which didn’t need all that fancy crap.. And now I’m here.. I really wanted to become a neuro-surgeon but didn’t get high enough marks to get into anything like that in uni (here to get into medicine you need a score of 98 or so which is very hard to get)… so instead i turned into a nerd.

    If I had the opportunity to go back to uni (without having to worry about money etc) i would definitely go back and study medicine. Theres something about the brain that just tickles my fancy :P

    #787279
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Hi all,

    first let me congrat my friend S.

    second let me take advantage of opportunity Renee opened up by saying that …… that is what attracts me to you …. your interest in brains (an area I can hide … to some extent) … and not of other areas more easily found out :)

    okay now that i got my dirty joke aimed toward Renee (cause she’s my favorite although I’d be as nasty towards Gam but I’m afraid she’d kick my ass and Renee has too far too travel lol)

    back to S. very admirable sir. And you’ve every reason to deserve to beat the chest and where else better than those where amongst you are respected.

    also to the G who said he quit at 16 formal ed. My father was very successful at his chosen means of income although he quit formal ed at the 8th grade level and he managed to raise, and in the smarter siblings (not myself) send through college a bunch of kids … so I feel kinship to you G for that reason if not that I like the way you call ’em.

    #787280
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @bb1webs 187028 wrote:

    Hi all,

    first let me congrat my friend S.

    second let me take advantage of opportunity Renee opened up by saying that …… that is what attracts me to you …. your interest in brains (an area I can hide … to some extent) … and not of other areas more easily found out :)

    okay now that i got my dirty joke aimed toward Renee (cause she’s my favorite although I’d be as nasty towards Gam but I’m afraid she’d kick my ass and Renee has too far too travel lol)

    back to S. very admirable sir. And you’ve every reason to deserve to beat the chest and where else better than those where amongst you are respected.

    also to the G who said he quit at 16 formal ed. My father was very successful at his chosen means of income although he quit formal ed at the 8th grade level and he managed to raise, and in the smarter siblings (not myself) send through college a bunch of kids … so I feel kinship to you G for that reason if not that I like the way you call ’em.

    Heheh funny guy

    Actually S and I have talked about his degree more than a few times since I actually did a few subjects in my course that were the same as his.. Some of the subjects are actually pretty interesting, although some are also extremely boring, so Kudos for finishing :)

    I think the main reason I decided to leave was not only because I found something I liked to do more, but because I got bored since none of the lecturers really spoke English very well and I couldn’t understand a word they said, even though I’m quite good with foreign accents, and was told that while paying $1200 per subject, I was getting what I paid for (ie stop bitching)…

    Also in response to bb1’s comments about the early age leaving school – my dad couldn’t really speak english well and left school at 14 to go on to now being a head honcho in one of the country’s largest steel making companies. I’m pretty proud and goes to show you don’t need to have huge uni degrees to go far – just gotta be passionate about what you do :)

    Congrats again!

    #787311
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    congrats!

    Well done!!

    Be proud.

    #787318
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Very impressive Renee (your father I mean).

    I have always been impressed by those who didn’t get the official “diploma”, “pat on the back” .. whatever you might call it .. because its inspiration to myself that just because I don’t have a diploma that I am limited on what I can achieve.

    Splinter I’m curious, where did you earn your degree? (in what country? I probably couldn’t pronounce the school’s name lol … )

    I’m guessing its Russia but am going on memory from where I thought you were located and I might be way wrong.

    edited to add: that may have been too intrusive a question so I both apologize and understand if you choose to not answer.

    #787336
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @bb1webs 187072 wrote:

    Very impressive Renee (your father I mean).

    I have always been impressed by those who didn’t get the official “diploma”, “pat on the back” .. whatever you might call it .. because its inspiration to myself that just because I don’t have a diploma that I am limited on what I can achieve.

    Splinter I’m curious, where did you earn your degree? (in what country? I probably couldn’t pronounce the school’s name lol … )

    I’m guessing its Russia but am going on memory from where I thought you were located and I might be way wrong.

    edited to add: that may have been too intrusive a question so I both apologize and understand if you choose to not answer.

    haha, no worries. studied in university of sydney…in err…sydney, down under :D

    last time i studied in russia i was 12. so its been a while in terms of studying.

    #787348
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @bb1webs 187072 wrote:

    Very impressive Renee (your father I mean).

    I have always been impressed by those who didn’t get the official “diploma”, “pat on the back” .. whatever you might call it .. because its inspiration to myself that just because I don’t have a diploma that I am limited on what I can achieve.

    Splinter I’m curious, where did you earn your degree? (in what country? I probably couldn’t pronounce the school’s name lol … )

    I’m guessing its Russia but am going on memory from where I thought you were located and I might be way wrong.

    edited to add: that may have been too intrusive a question so I both apologize and understand if you choose to not answer.

    Mate I would say anyone that can do what you do should be proud of themselves too :)
    Not everyone has the ability to do it – trust me.

    splinterfree wrote:
    haha, no worries. studied in university of sydney…in err…sydney, down under :D

    last time i studied in russia i was 12. so its been a while in terms of studying.

    Goooooooo Sydney! :inlove:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)