Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Slow download of banners

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

has anyone else had this problem where WS banners download so slowing?

I removed most of mine because they ended up showing us a blank gifs, this is on many different machines/ISP’s so it does not seem to be my main connection

Is it just me?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get the same thing. It slows down the load of my whole site. Kinda sucks.

I get the same thing with other programs’ banners as well, though.

kw

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi kwblue and chockee

Please can you give me some more information as to what is happening with your banners. Are you experiencing this just with the animated gifs or also with the flash banners?

Kwblue, you mention that you get this with other program’s banners, do you also chockee?

Best regards,

Tim Whyles

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is with animated gifs for me, but really it is just because it takes the banner server some time to retrieve the banner. I have seen 20 seconds added to a load time due to this.

Unfortunately, that is the home page and many users will just stop the browser if it takes that long. :(

Yes, I have seen this with other programs as well.. Either your banner server is overloaded or too many people are accessing them at the same time… I’m not sure, but it happens. Probably 1 out of every 20 pageloads I get a slowdown (Not always from your banners).

kw

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi kwblue

We’ve been doing some testing to try to replicate the problem with the banners on your site but the banners always load very quickly. The hardware set-up for our banners is such so there is always excess capacity, we’ve done this to avoid the very problem you are experiencing.

Have you tried accessing your site via a different ISP to see if it is related to your internet connection? Maybe some of the affiliates here could help test by going to your site and checking load times.

Best regards,

Tim

Anonymous
    Inactive

You may not have looked at all my sites :)

However, I have noticed the same thing using the webpageoptimizer tool at:

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/index.html

So, I am quite sure it isn’t my connection… Besides, I have quite the large connection here and have rarely seen bandwidth problems.

Maybe 1 out of 20 is not the case now… When I was creating screens about 1-2 months ago, I would see it quite often (at about that rate). I really haven’t noticed a slowdown lately because I am not really looking at my sites that often (I know what they look like :) )

kw

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)