Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Professors Picks – NFL Week 16

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vladcizsol

Ok this week is a little tricky. Will the teams that have already clinched their divisions or locked down a bye in the play offs put in the first string players for a whole game? Some will, wome wont which means picks are tough.

Here’s my straight up picks for week 16

Pittsburgh at Saint Louis – Pittsburgh bounces back for the win.

Dallas at Carolina – Dallas wins this one hands down.

Cleveland at Cin. – Cleveland wins the shoot out. What a damned shame Carson Plamer is wasting away in Cinci.

KC at Detroit – Detroit at home in the dome. If this were at KC I would have picked them.

Houston at Indy – Tough call as I think Dungy will sit key first stringers. I am going with Indy anways.

Green Bay at Chicago – Green bay has way too much firepower for Chicago. GB in a relatively low scoring game for them.

Giants at Buffalo – Giants pull this one out.

Oakland at Jacksonville – Jacksonville is RED HOT and will destroy Oakland at home.

Philly at New Orleans – Philly is playing hard lately and New Orleans is due for another stinker. Eagles in an upset.

Tampa Bay at San Fran – Tampa Bay wins this battle of the bays.

Atlanta at Arizona – Arizona

Miami at New England – This is laughable. New England coasts through this game.

Baltimore at Seattle – Seahawks peck the Ravens to death.

Jets at Tenn – Tennessee

Washington at Minn – This should be a very interesting game. I am going with Washington as overall I think they are stronger and can shut down the run game of the Vikings.

Denver at San Diego – San Diego is a high scorer.

Anonymous

Hi all,

I got a friend whom makes bets with me. I have been on a roll on spreads … but thanks to him talking me out of ……. well for instance i wanted to be it all on TB against the coach-left falcons this last weekend .. i am still not rich lol.

I still did good Sunday but lost mon night …. so I’m feeling a bit off my “high horse” since then .

that said …. here’s my straight picks …. which many know i’m not near as good.

agree ….. they got too / Pittsburgh at Saint Louis – Pittsburgh bounces back for the win.

agree/. Dallas at Carolina – Dallas wins this one hands down.

agree / Cleveland at Cin. – Cleveland wins the shoot out. What a damned shame Carson Plamer is wasting away in Cinci.

agree / KC at Detroit – Detroit at home in the dome. If this were at KC I would have picked them.

tough one for reasons mentioned …. but agree / Houston at Indy – Tough call as I think Dungy will sit key first stringers. I am going with Indy anways.

agree / Green Bay at Chicago – Green bay has way too much firepower for Chicago. GB in a relatively low scoring game for them.

tough one again. ….sigh. taking a chance here and calling for Buff / Giants at Buffalo – Giants pull this one out.

agree / Oakland at Jacksonville – Jacksonville is RED HOT and will destroy Oakland at home.

disagree …. Philly coming off a big win and nothing to gain … but NO has every reason to win …. but don’t bet on my picks! / Philly at New Orleans – Philly is playing hard lately and New Orleans is due for another stinker. Eagles in an upset.

agree / Tampa Bay at San Fran – Tampa Bay wins this battle of the bays.

prob will be this and give the points though I have not seen the spread / Atlanta at Arizona – Arizona

agree / Miami at New England – This is laughable. New England coasts through this game.

tough one…. take home field advantage / Baltimore at Seattle – Seahawks peck the Ravens to death.

agree / Jets at Tenn – Tennessee

Took Wash on Mon night gainst the G’s …. this one … wow.. I take Minn based on Collins QB’ing as he never seemed to put 2 games together when with KC. / Washington at Minn – This should be a very interesting game. I am going with Washington as overall I think they are stronger and can shut down the run game of the Vikings.

tough game. Mon night they say never go against the dog ….. don’t know who is favored though? I expect SD. ….. I gotta take SD …/Denver at San Diego – San Diego is a high scorer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What a disaster run for my 2 NFC Red longshot teams, the Redskins and the Redbirds

Both teams losing their starting QB’s for the season, and one Pro Bowl DB shot to death

Washington can still get in with a win, and i like that pick as a 7 point underdog, backup QB Todd Collins was 8-25 last week, so it’s gonna be Portis all the way, they can win this, and have to or they’ll be eliminated

Buffalo should prolly beat NYG at home as a 3 point dog, traditionally Buffalo lose to NFC East teams in the Super Bowl but play really well against them in the regular season, Buf 5-1 all time vs NYG regular season, 14-3 vs NFC East regular season record going back to 1993

Pittsburgh is 50-1, hmm, 2 years ago they were also 50-1 in December, then won the Super Bowl, i remember well cuz i bet them then, and i’m gonna do it again

It’s time for New England to pay the toll, Miami gets to be the ruiner of dreams yet again lol, it’s like this, coach Cameron is terrible and will prolly be fired for his embarrassing performance this year, however, if he wins this game he might be able to stay in the Dolphins organization at least as a water boy.

Miami is up for sale and a win here would no doubt raise their stock for the good people of Walt Disney, and u know how those guys have a way with money, i expect Miami to win, like i did earlier this year when they found themselves down 35-0 at halftime vs New England at home lol

Anonymous

Hi all (Nick)

know i luv ya man ….. but you better be getting better than 35 to 1 odds on Miami …… if you bet them against NE …… starters sitting or not.

just my opinion.

where’s the game? I thought it was in NE? makes a big difference.

again …..MHO.

wish you luck ….. I took a hit last weekend due to listening to others…. so don’t take my word on anything.

this weekend ……. shit …. i guess i”m in trouble …….bet the damn redbirds ….. (on your predictions …… which i might add have been pretty good ….. up to now :) , )

hope you’re still right about the cards.

thanks friend.

S.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m gonna look into my crystal ball and predict the AFC playoffs

Seeds:

1 – New England
    2 – Indianapolis
    3 – Pittsburgh
    4 – San Diego
    5 – Jacksonville
    6 – Cleveland

Wild Card weekend, bye – New England, Indianapolis

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
    Jacksonville @ San Diego

Cleveland puts up a fight but eventually goes down in Pitt

Jaxy lack quality experience and fall to San Diego

AFC Semi final weekend

San Diego @ New England
    Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis

New England put a thrashing on San Diego

Pittsburgh pulls out a heroic win in Indy

AFC Championship weekend

Pittsburgh @ New England

Crazy Steelers fans attack key New England players before the game, setting up for yet another Pittsburgh Super Bowl win

Much of that scenario depends on cheating, it is more likely that New England will roll to another Super Bowl win, and beat either Pittsburgh or Indianapolis in the AFC champioship game.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some bad mojo going on around here

As soon as i picked Pittsburgh, their star running back and league’s leading rusher Willie Parker breaks his leg and is out for the year

I really have no idea what is up with the jinx job

After looking at the games this week i think i’m gonna try some longshots

Miami of course, +1650 on the money line will be motivated to protect their franchise record

Baltimore +500 could beat Seattle, Seattle lost to Carolina last week and look like they’re resting for the playoffs

Atlanta +400 over Arizona, Arizona is on a downer after getting eliminated last week

Washington +230 and Buffalo +125 as mentioned earlier

We’ll see what happens with those dogs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)