Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

President Barack Obama

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    fintan

GamTrak is right. We can’t just sit around waiting for politicians to do the right thing on UIGEA. You have to get active yourself — that usually means sending letters and calling your representatives, but there are other paths, too. Get the word out on the benefits of regulated online gambling; let the public know that, in this time of recession and tax bailouts, the U.S. is turning its back on a huge possibility to generate more income and economic activity.

That might just work, if enough of us work together … if last night is any indication, the U.S. public is starting to wake up and think issues through, instead of just going with gut reactions. (I hope.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, if we saw nothing else yesterday it was that THE PEOPLE run this country and we all need to get on it right away. I’m serious when I say that I’m going to work hard as I can to ‘lobby’ for igaming as soon as I get a contact!

Obama has over 3 million ‘lobbyist’ working for him now and it’s US! :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

My feeling is, sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. Sit back and watch. The change of Admin will help the industry out, simply because now the priorites of the DOJ will change. The DOJ wont be catering to the Religious Rights agenda and focus on more impending problems like the infestation of drugs here in america. Processors who once were concerned about re-entering the Online Gambling market may be apt to do so now since the “heat” of the Christians Rights wrath is off. The last thing you want to do now is bring unintended attention to yourself. Remember, Technically online gambling was “illegal” before the UGEIA. That Bill just gave the DOJ the greenlight to go Hog Wild against anyone the Christian Right incumbants seemed worthy. That will surely come to an end with the new Administration in Jan.

My 2c

Anonymous
    Inactive

Today cynicism and idleness were voted out and hope and progress voted in. I believe changes can be made but you need to bust your behind to make them happen. :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@john1124 184746 wrote:

My feeling is, sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. Sit back and watch. The change of Admin will help the industry out, simply because now the priorites of the DOJ will change. The DOJ wont be catering to the Religious Rights agenda and focus on more impending problems like the infestation of drugs here in america. Processors who once were concerned about re-entering the Online Gambling market may be apt to do so now since the “heat” of the Christians Rights wrath is off. The last thing you want to do now is bring unintended attention to yourself. Remember, Technically online gambling was “illegal” before the UGEIA. That Bill just gave the DOJ the greenlight to go Hog Wild against anyone the Christian Right incumbants seemed worthy. That will surely come to an end with the new Administration in Jan.

My 2c

I’m sure that you will not be surprised to know that I do NOT agree with you. :hattip: With all due respect to everyone. At this point we don’t really know WHO is doing WHAT or what the next agenda of the Congress will be. Look at the idiot in KY who is a Dem!

We need to let them know that WE put THEM there and WE can REMOVE them just as easy if they continue to take away our rights. We need to put the brush away and clean house according to their individual issues and adjendas. We have to start paying attention to EXACTLY what they are doing.

During the campaign I had folks ragging on me because I was accumulating a list of what I call “congressional crooks”, but it does exist and will be my guide to start.

YES WE CAN! :tongue:

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)