Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

PR Ranking – just a matter of time?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KamielM

I’ve been reading a few affiliate blogs and noticed one guy (admittedly outside of the gaming verticle) mention the fact that he started up a site a few weeks back and he’s already gained a PR ranking of two.

I always assumed that PR ranking took quite a while to build up: you needed a lot of genuine inbound links and a fair bit of traffic before Google starts to recognise your site in its ranking proceedure.

Is this correct? Do people on here start to gain a PR ranking within a few weeks of a site going live, and if so, how do you do it?

Thanks alot

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why do you care about pagerank?

Anonymous
    Inactive

As far as I know..

Higher PR –> Higher in google serp

Higher in google serp –> more traffic

more traffic –> higher earnings

frankBP

Higher PR no longer necessarily means higher SERPs.

Mainly, it means you can charge more for links (if you’re into that kind of thing) – although a lot of sites have been punished in this latest partial update for doing that.

It’s likely that the webmaster you refer to has linked to this new site from a number of existing sites that have good PR. It’s very unlikely that a brand new site would go to PR2.

Content = traffic, with or without PR.
    More IBLs means that more pages get indexed and therefore get traffic.

KamielM
    Chipeez;150866 wrote:
    As far as I know..

Higher PR –> Higher in google serp

Higher in google serp –> more traffic

more traffic –> higher earnings

That was my impression too.

So does PR increase based on the volume of traffic your site is receiving. Or how often you update your site? Or is it one of those Google forumla’s that nobody’s totally sure about?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

MortimerJazz,

the sooner you forget about this PR bullshit the better of you`ll be with your sites. Focus on link building, quality content and appealing design instead.

The little green thing commonly known as a penis enlarger, sorry, “the PR” a.k.a. the thing that spins the world is nothing more than a tool to keep the clueless webmasters in mega anxiety between the public toolbar updates.

PR updates constantly, on a daily basis it`s just we can`t see it. The toolbar (public update; little green indicator – and I don`t mean Mars inhabitants) is updated irregularly, every now and then. When a public update happens all the boards and masses go whacky as they feel they can measure their progress – it ain`t so.

Also, PR alias “Page rank” is called so because – one of the Google co-founders`s last name is PAGE. If it wasn`t for his last name we`d have for example Smith`s rank or whatever and many endless debates would be unnecessary. You see, page doesn`t mean webiste ranking.

Google uses “no one knows for sure” factors that determine your rankings. Guesstimate is around 200, though.

Lets focus on this for a minute: (quoting chipeez)

“Higher PR –> Higher in google serp”
    wrong – don`t get me even started

“Higher in google serp –> more traffic”
    generally speaking yes

“more traffic –> higher earnings”
    not without proper monetization and it also depends if traffic is targeted

To sum up, forget about all this PR crap. Read through the forums, gather information, use common sense and build decent sites that are USEFUL for the visitor and with some persistence you can`t go wrong.

cheers :wavey:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to disagree with these people. Focus on PR for many reasons.

First, no you don’t have to wait months and months to get one, it just depends on when Google updates it. Since they just did a few days ago, it will take at least another month and a half. As far as I know you can’t go from a 0 to a 6 in one update, but you most certainly can go up to PR2, maybe PR3.

1st reason : while it’s true that Google now uses page strength more, I’ve noticed an increase of traffic everytime I got a PR increase, on each of my 3 sites. Actually that’s not true, one of them saw a decrease in traffic when a website only went up to PR1 while competitors got PR2-3.

2nd reason : In the first few months, chances are you’ll make as much money selling links with a PR2+ site than you will with a small traffic website. Exactly because of what people have said, it takes a while before Google sends you natural, good traffic. You just have to sell links which would be considered natural, and don’t make that information available. It’s like when people come to this site and say hey guys im selling 182362 backlinks on .. don’t buy it, they have no clue.

biggyg

I have a new website ,domain was registered december 9 and it is now pr3.If you get lucky and google does a snapshot even one day after your site goes live you can get pr.The website had a single pr5 link from another site i own on a serperate ip.PR does matter to small extent but i have made soem good money and traffic from pr0 too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Selling links is a great jumpstart.

If anything, it lets you reinvest the money you make.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)