Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Please Review RakeReport.net

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ben01

Hi,

I operate the site, which is an unbiased rakeback directory and poker forum. I would love to see what everyone thinks of it. All constructive criticism appreciated. :)

Anthony
    President
    http://www.RakeReport.net

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anthony, very well done work, I like it!

ben01
    itay;147264 wrote:
    Anthony, very well done work, I like it!

Hi Itay, thanks for chiming in. Nothing you would change or do differently?

Catherine

Good work :3eyes:

Anonymous
    Inactive

It might be me, but it seems rather cluttered at the top of the homepage with ads and links and offers. For instance, there are 2 different places that advertise win cash and prizes in our forum.

Best Regards,

Mark

ben01
    Focal;147674 wrote:
    It might be me, but it seems rather cluttered at the top of the homepage with ads and links and offers. For instance, there are 2 different places that advertise win cash and prizes in our forum.

Best Regards,

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. The left-side section used to have the following picture right below the Win Monthly Prizes! heading:

prizes.jpg

Obviously scaled down to fit that menubar section. But I figured having the total amount won would be a nicer draw for additional forum members, so I continually update that section instead.

It’s a new change, and I understand what you’re saying about having it in two places at the same time. So aside from that issue, what else do you feel makes the page look too “busy”?

My goal is obviously to give my advertisers the best possible exposure for their listings, so if cleaning up the front page will accomplish that then I’m willing to entertain suggestions.

AJ

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess, quite honestly as a new visitor, I just get overwhelmed of where to go on the site. You have, win cash and prizes on the left, 3 featured advertisers that all want a person to click on them on the sides, win a free wsop seat at the top right, at top banner, win prizes and money in the center, an ad for rakebacks.com and a Bluff magazine add on the left. This is all above the fold right when the visitor gets to the site.

I wouldn’t know where to go and would probably click out of the site. I would just say minimize the ads and clean up the design a bit. There are different sized fonts and such.

Best of luck.

Mark

ben01

Hi Mark,

That’s some very solid advice. I’ll need to work out a redesign that should accomplish that. Thanks very much for your assistance!

ben01

Ok,

Taking Marks advice I made some changes I think will help, although it probably still needs some work:

-Moved all links sections to the left menubar

(previously there were some on the right and some on the left and I think that might be a bit messy/confusing. The right-side is only banner ads now)

-Changed background of links sections from black to silver

helping to soften the page a bit (the black was a little harsh looking)

-Removed the About RakeReport.net top-right section

All this really said was that we’re an unbiased poker rakeback directory, I don’t believe it added much use for the average visitor

-Removed WSOP Logo & Changed Top Center Yellow Box

I also got rid of the similar text/links about poker rakeback and prizes for our forums and combined them for just the center yellow box.

-Removed “Featured Advertiser” Heading & Personalized

Replaced each heading to match the advertisers specific site or product, such as Poker Manager, Free Poker E-Book, etc.

-Changed Heading Color From White To Black

The heading on each page, such as “Featured Offers-Dec 2007” was white and I changed it to black. I figured there needed to be some contrast since the top menu options for the forums and so forth are all white, and then the advertisers down the center of the page are also white.

I’m not sure if I like this look though, perhaps the other sections should be black and the heading should’ve stayed white?

neophyte

i love the keyword stuffing in the image alt tags. very blackhat.
    :santa2:

ben01
    alexross;148077 wrote:
    i love the keyword stuffing in the image alt tags. very blackhat.
    :santa2:

Actually a hold-over from the previous owner. I acquired the site in March of this year and know enough to make some changes to the site but haven’t gone too in-depth since I don’t have any formal web-coding training.

I’m kind of a jack-of-all-trades in that regard. Would you recommend the removal of those alt tags? Do they hurt my sites search engine performance?

neophyte

yes, don’t misuse the alt tag. its function is to describe an image, not for stuffing with keywords.

ben01
    alexross;148135 wrote:
    yes, don’t misuse the alt tag. its function is to describe an image, not for stuffing with keywords.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the advice. I believe I’ve cleaned up the alt tags on the site, please let me know if they look alright and if you have any other suggestions.

AJ

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)