Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Payment Method Scam

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I received an e-mail from this person: denesi.browns@hotmail.com earlier today. Here’s the e-mail they sent:

Dear Sir

My acc: AffIdXXXX
    I have been change my payment methods.
    I wonder it will work to received June’s commission.

and please kindly let me know when commission will be sent out.

Thank you.

The affiliate account that was quoted in this mail is an affiliate that i know pretty well and therefore questioned the integrity of this mail. After calling the affiliate whose account this is I found out that the person that sent the mail had logged in to their account and changed their payment details.

With all the changes happening with payment methods I think that we need to be on the look out for this type of fraudulent activity.

Regards,
    Antoinette

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a good one to know.
    Thanks for the heads up Antoinette.

It always worries me when there are scams like this because generally if they aren’t writing from the email address on the account, and say they don’t have access to the email on file, the only thing you can do is send an email to the account on file and in the meantime ask the person who has emailed to send you all the details on the account to confirm their identity.

Are there any other mgs out there who have another way to check?
    I mean if you don’t know the affiliate by id and the person has logged in and changed all the details, how do you know?

I think input here from as many people as possible would be valuable.
    Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys,

Our fraud department is quite switched on so and notice out of the ordinary things in affiliate files that may slip through and suggest holding suspect payments if it’s required. Thankfully, we’ve not had this happen for quite some time now.

Another thing that we don’t allow is an affiliate to login and change their own password. I really think that this simple measure has avoided a lot of hacking type problems as it’s impossible for someone to change a password from the live site at all. All password request changes come to us personally and we confirm details before changing a password.

Cheers

Trish
    CPS

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone have any more info on these guys like a country etc?

I read a post in the main forum where another email address was given:
    nguyen.thang78@yahoo.com

After doing a search in our aff db I found this email address attached to one of the accounts. I’m sure if I check bankingt records I may even find it again somewhere, so I want to get some more information before the rest of the crew get here.
    If anyone could post anything relevant I would appreciate it.
    Cheers

cyclone

Hey Guys,

Another one to add to this seems to be:

itmicrosystem@gmail.com

Name for that account is: Tuan Nguyen

IP address seems to be a Vietnam one coming from: 58.186.70.171

VegasPartner, if you have the IP for the original mail you got, might be good to post as well, if we can narrow down a geographic region would be good.

cheers,
    Yaniv

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys,

We also had this guy attempt to claim a commission he wasn’t owed via Moneybookers last month.

So might be worth checking all payment methods and not just Neteller.

Cheers

Trish
    CPS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)