Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Payment from Beirut

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I received a letter via DHL from Beirut, Lebanon.

Considering all the wackezoids in the Middle East .. and being the cautious and suspicious person that I am .. I was not quite sure what to think of this.

After calling DHL and questioning whether this actually came from a legitimate account holder they turned me over to their Fraud Department.

I was cautioned by the lady in the Fraud Department that the Nigerian scam artists often target people whose information has been found on the Internet in the Whois. She advised me to call the FBI.

I called and spoke with an FBI agent and was advised that if I did not know anyone in Beirut I should just return the letter and indicate “refused”. They further suggested I might call the Secret Service.

After speaking with a Secret Service agent .. he advised that it was probably safe to open the letter and that it was likely nothing more than a bogus lottery check from the Nigerian scam artists. The checks are normally for around $8,000,000.00. The “winner” is informed that they may deposit the check, but must send $8,000.00 to cover the taxes on the winnings before the funds will be released to cover the check.

Americans have lost over $100,000,000.00 in the last 10 months to these scam artists.
    HOLY CRAP .. I didn’t realize there were that many incredibly stupid people on the planet!

Anyway .. I finally open the letter .. and guess who it is from .. EARN UNITED!!

Are they absolutely nuts or what?? Who in their right mind sends out payments from Beirut, Lebanon??

Earn United … do you suppose you could send affiliate checks from a less volatile country?

Anonymous
    Inactive

rofl, nice reading, ty

Anonymous
    Inactive

:whatsthat I am a gaming affiliate. I tried to cash a check form Beirut, Lebanon at BofA a few months back. I think it was from Earn United like in the case of LasVegasLady. They wouldn’t cash it so I had to go to my Credit Union to cash it. I couldn’t believe that BofA didn’t cash it! I changed my preference for most of my commissions received to ACH. I have minimized all check payments, minimized all Neteller payments and requested that most my comissions be sent via ACH to BofA. I haven’t seen any hold-up like this since the Beirut check from Earn United.

This minor hardship has caused me to streamline the way I receive commissions – causing me to free up more time to work on my priorities. I get only about 2 to 4 checks a month from programs who only offer checks for commission payment.

Some of my Good sites:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)