Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Paul joins race for 2008 GOP nomination

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    vladcizsol

Seems way too level headed for today’s Republican party. I also noticed he’s from Texas, does he hunt with Cheney?

After the last eight years I just couldnt trust a fascist errr republican candidate.

(Note: I did vote for Reagan and Bush senior way back when before the party was hijacked by right wing nut jobs)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ron Paul in regards to the opposition to the IGEA..

I want to make the point that prohibition, as a general principle, is a bad principle because it doesn’t work. It doesn’t solve the problem because it can’t decrease the demand. As a matter of fact, the only thing it does is increase the price.

…once you make something illegal, whether it is alcohol or whether it is cigarettes or whether it is gambling on the Internet, it doesn’t disappear because of this increased demand. All that happens is, it is turned over to the criminal element. So you won’t get rid of it. – Mr. Paul

Thanks for the information Dom.

Mark
    http://www.focalclick.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand he is basically Libertarian….

STATUS: EXPLORATORY CANDIDATE. Congressman Ron Paul — the 1988 Libertarian Party nominee for President — filed paperwork in January 2007 to make a GOP run for the White House. Still an uncompromising libertarian, Paul opposes the Iraq War, and supports lower taxes and slashing federal spending. Related links: Ron Paul Presidential Exploratory Committee (official campaign site); Office of Congressman Ron Paul (government site); Liberty PAC (Paul’s leadership PAC); Ron Paul for Congress (official Congressional campaign site); Dr. Ron Paul (official site); Foundation for Economics & Education (Paul’s educational foundation);

To have above links live go to:

http://www.politics1.com/p2008-gop.htm

vladcizsol

Thanks Dom, he does look good, I just wish he would have ran on an independant ticket or Democratic party.

When a Libertarian, a party which is committed to a free America, switches to the most oppressive freedom hating party this country has ever seen its a shock and tough to swallow.

It would be similar to an Orthodox Jew joining the White Aryan’s because he thought it would improve his chances of election.

Just rubs me the wrong way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Let’s face it, a Libertarian could never win. A libertarian minded Republican just might…

vladcizsol

Fair enough. But I think America really needs a change and to get back to the American ideals that made this country great. I just dont feel like the Republican Party is in touch with 90% of America anymore, its time we swept them out.

Perhaps if that happened the few remaining real republicans in that party would eject the extremists that poisoned their cause and by 2012 they will be a much more palatble alternative to the Democrats.

Right now I dont think the Republiacns should be given the opportunity to do any more damage to our economy or world standing. The present regime has done enough and if we want to show the world we are ready to change as a nation we have to have a leadershp change at the top.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)