Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

pagerank update

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    neophyte

is it going to happen? 1 month overdue already.. and plenty of talk that G are scrapping PageRank… this will of course hit a lot of link-sellers in the neck..

thoughts?
    google have created a “google pagerank economy” – are they about to pull the rug out from under peoples feet now?

aaronsmith

Looking forward to seeing what happens! Lets hope its all positive!

neophyte

not lookin like it’s gonna happen now…
    bye bye high-pagerank link-sellers.?! :wavey:

aaronsmith

When do you think we are going to nitice a change in all the listings has anyone seen any more in detail reports of whats happening please post

neophyte

serp rankings and listings change daily.
    as for Pagerank – it’s adios amigo I suspect.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I dont think its going to happen at all, as everyone has mentioned. Besides for link selling purposes it seems rather useless.

Weblight

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d like to hear what someone like Randy has to say about this… but I have suspected for a while that Google has not put as much importance on pagerank as they did in the past…. hmmmm

neophyte

randy works for google does he?

Anonymous
    Inactive

lol.. no Randy does not work for Google, that I am aware of.

I just have a tremedous amount of respect for his SEO knowledge and advice! ;-)

neophyte

forget knowledge and advice I’ll listen to someone with RESULTS…
    as for mr x and mr y’s thoughts on this – it matters not – only the boys at G know what is happening, anything else is wild speculation

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL… I dont think I intimated that YOU should listen to him or anyone else! :wink-wink

I’m curious what he has to say… whether or not you are is inconsequential to me! :3eyes:

neophyte

jeez now even I am curious what this dude will say. lol. :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

lol everyone waiting for PR update, hehehe

aleph

As I posted in another thread, my site dropped from pr3 to zero about a week ago and it hasn’t budged. I’ve been digging around the seo forums and the buzz is that sites linking out to irrelevant sitesf or link exchange or are suspected of purchasing one way links are being HEAVILY penalized. When I first launched, I did some of these exchanges with pretty much any site willing to give me a back link, not knowing any better. I subscribe to Link Machine, Link Metro and Link Market, and even though for at least 8 months now I have only swapped with other gambling related sites, I still have some old links up that I checked by hand to be sure they were still linking back and to make sure they weren’t a ‘bad neighborhood’ i.e. link farm, but are nonetheless are irrelevant. I’m thinking this may be the culprit.
    IBP, the second most popular and IMHO most powerful seo software, has also had their pages downgraded to zero and also the pages at WebCEO.com
    http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/text-links-and-pagerank/feed/

Guess it’s time for me to optimize for Y or MSN!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t really paid much attention to when the toolbar PR gets updated for a while now. It’s only a snapshot of what the PR was at some point in the past anyway, so it’s not hugely important to me.

I don’t imagine that Google is “ditching PR” though. It’s only one ranking factor of at least 100 ranking factors that they use in their algorithm anyway.

Unless you mean that Google’s decided to stop updating the PR indicated in the toolbar. I guess only the folks at Google know whether or not they’ve decided to do that.

Thanks for the kind words about my SEO knowledge, fatbill. You give me more credit than I probably deserve. :hattip:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)