Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Office 2007 over 2003 – Love it or hate it??

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mikih34

Hey..

Upgraded recently to Office 2007,
    Word / Excel are fine to deal with… but experiencing a very SLOW!! user experience..

Whats your opinion…? did anyone here see some improvement over Office 2003 (Outlook ;))… bcz I only get things slower…

:hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t really use WORD much, just short invoice documents – so I haven’t really played with it at all. Seems fine.

But the EXCEL 2007 has literally hundreds for extra little features and shortcuts and functions. I use spreadsheets a lot for data manipulations of sporting results .. and I’m very pleased to be on this version.

Of course things will be slower if you run it on the same hardware – the software is something like 3 times the size and has a lot more bells and whistles.

I bought 2007 pre-installed on a new machine – so I can’t compare speed – but it runs just fine on that machine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve not notied that it’s any slower. I got it pre-installed on my system this year and I love the MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint application and it’s well worth the cost to be productive and organized.

I like using Outlook with Business Contacts as well as the Accounting program, but my DB got corrupt and I got frustrated and did not re-create it yet.

I’m really finding the 2007 MS Access version to be a total shock! LOL It’s much better, but everything is different now. I also love to use One Note. If I did not have it, I doubt that I would have taken the audit task, because it’s a lot of stuff to track.

vladcizsol

I love 2007. Big improvement, though when I had 2003 I was perfectly happy with it too.

Vista… Well….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Love it. I think office 2007 is a massive improvement over 2003. Speed-wise it’s fine for me on both vista and XP boxes.

2007 is much nicer once you start connecting lots of MS stuff together too, particularly sharepoint.

Gooner, if you’re using excel a lot, check out this pack of tools for excel..
    http://www.asap-utilities.com/ , they’re absolutely fantastic and will help automate/speed up many of the things which should be easy by default.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like Visa, but I’m the type to try all of the newest things just to see what they come up with next.

What don’t you like Professor? The one complaint I would have is that my system use to be super fast when I first got it, but now I have to wait for pages to load so I have to troubleshoot that. :sarcasm: My internet exployer window keep shutting down. I remember when it use to bring up the page it was on at the time of the crash, but this version don’t do that and it sucks when you are the type to have 5 to 8 tabs open at a time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@GamTrak 186881 wrote:

My internet exployer window keep shutting down. I remember when it use to bring up the page it was on at the time of the crash, but this version don’t do that and it sucks when you are the type to have 5 to 8 tabs open at a time.

If this is happening something’s clearly not right. The ie7 rendering engine will often ‘choke’ when given some really heavy pages anyway, so there’s nothing too wrong with your system.

Try Firefox3 as your main browser, it includes an automatic session restore in the latest version (all your tabs come back).

Opera will do the same thing, but Firefox is going to be more useful to you as a web developer/professional.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Quit making microsoft money http://www.openoffice.org is the exact same thing and its free. The only thing open office doesn’t have is frontpage.

And yes I still use frontpage 2000!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@antoine 186931 wrote:

Quit making microsoft money http://www.openoffice.org is the exact same thing and its free. The only thing open office doesn’t have is frontpage.

I think I’ll get that installed on my hubby’s and mom’s pc so that I can send her files without hassle.

I still use frontpage2003, but I am also changing everything over to Dreamweaver and it’s much better and not that hard to learn.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@antoine 186931 wrote:

Actually, http://www.kingsoftresearch.com/ is the exact same thing (as Office 2003).

mikih34

Does open office have an outlook …? i think not ;)

Actually I run pretty descent laptop hardware, and the computer is well organized… but still.. the change is really noticeable..
    Outlook takes longgg to folder.

The one thing I did like, was the wordcount feature in Word, while in the older VS u needed to go to tools and use the window… now its just written at the bottm… :3eyes:

Anonymous
    Inactive

The right click options are cool as well. Less mouse movement required. Someone also mentioned the coolest thing is how all of the application interact. It’s like the Adobe mastersuite collection. That’s the premo software bundle package.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to say that I really like the new Office 2007 suite. I have been using it now for about 6 months and I think it’s a huge improvement. It’s nice on a mobile platform as well; I use excel quite a bit on my blackberry and it loads pretty successfully most of the time. With that being said I definitely hate Vista and want to switch back to XP.

I am a big fan of open source software. I have used Firefox since it came out and really like the new Google applications as well. I can’t get used to Open Office and haven’t made the switch there yet. MS actually has a nice product in Office 07 so I am sticking with it.

What do you MAC guys think?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)