Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

New Video 03/21/08

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Perspectives Weekly 03/21/08
    This week we look at the man behind Poker Dream, John Dutchak, and where the hundreds of thousands of dollars in missing funds have gone. Also, an update on the players accounts frozen with the Tusk Gaming collapse!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aro-mftfa34

Check out our social networking site for the online gambling industry!
    http://www.apcwinteractive.org

vladcizsol

Good video as usual. But I have a concern about The Poker Dream portion.

I can understand your outrage about the players and webmasters who have lost funds, and this slime ball should be forced to pay. BUT bringing in the SEC or the Feds makes me a little nervous.

1. It could potentially provide ammunition for the right wing press to bash Online Gambling and Online Poker as being rife with scam artists. This could strengthen their bullshit stance that they need to “protect consumers from the evils of online gambling”.

2. If the SEC or the Feds really do investigate this and seize all records, which they would, then what happens to the investors in dream shares? Or the webmasters who had a Poker Dream Room? Do they come under scrutiny and possible persecution for promoting online gambling? Remember the DOJ is still not keen on online gambling and this might be another way to “protect” consumers by going after the evil white label operators who helped to steal all the players money?

Like I said I think that shit bird needs to pay, and civil actions including a class action suit may be waranted, but I would personally be wary about dragging this into the criminal prosecution system.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 157316 wrote:

Good video as usual.

Thank you, sir…

@Professor 157316 wrote:

(involving the SEC)…could potentially provide ammunition for the right wing press to bash Online Gambling and Online Poker as being rife with scam artists. This could strengthen their bullshit stance that they need to “protect consumers from the evils of online gambling”

My personal opinion when I considered all of this was that the right wing douche bags are already making stuff up to bash us with. I believe that we have good enough connections in Washington now that they could use this to trumpet the need for regulation. That these players were victimized as a result of Congress blindly prohibiting an activity they could not stop, and as a result people got hurt.

@Professor 157316 wrote:

If the SEC or the Feds really do investigate this and seize all records, which they would, then what happens to the investors in dream shares?

Well, if they never saw another dime they would be no worse off than they are right now :tongue:

Seriously, I don’t want to do that. But I must keep it a viable option to force this man to return the money. He will not repay a dime if there isn’t a legitimate threat. Personally, I just hope he comes forward and works this all out.

@Professor 157316 wrote:

…the webmasters who had a Poker Dream Room? Do they come under scrutiny and possible persecution for promoting online gambling?

Excellent point, but my belief is that there are two different issues: 1) The theft of the deposits/commissions and 2) The fraud of the shares.

The FBI and the DoJ will not give two poops about the thefts because of the nature of this industry and how it went down. But the SEC should care about fraud we can prove. I really do not think that an SEC investigation would be of interest to the FBI or DoJ, but I could be wrong.

The players broke no laws. The people who bought shares broke no laws. The webmasters running the “white label” sites has never been tried in court, but it would be an interesting case.

In the event that criminal charges were even a possibility against any webmaster, well, I think you all know that I am probably the most sympathetic person in the industry for that! If that were the case, I would rather this guy just went free.

vladcizsol
    Quote:
    That these players were victimized as a result of Congress blindly prohibiting an activity they could not stop, and as a result people got hurt.

As we are all painfully aware the Government and the right wing NEVER think they are wrong and would never admit to it. They will instead use this as another reason they should enact MORE stringent laws and as “proof” they were right with UIGEA.

Quote:
    Personally, I just hope he comes forward and works this all out.

Me too. Where is this monkey located in the states? Perhaps a “visit” or two by the people effected by all this would persuade him to do the right thing.

Quote:
    The FBI and the DoJ will not give two poops about the thefts because of the nature of this industry and how it went down.

I hope you are right, but nothing surprises me with these agencies anymore.

Like I said good video, loved the Shining tie ins, let’s hope this all works out for the best.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope it works out for the best, too…

It’s true the government surprises me, from kidnapping foreign citizens from their own countries to investigating March Madness pools on Facebook…

We both want what’s best for the industry. We just have a bit different thinking on how to go about it… as usual! LOL! :inlove:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 157325 wrote:

Where is this monkey located in the states?

Forgot to tell you that he’s right down the freeway from you in Tampa.

:Cry: < ROAD TRIP!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)