Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

New Tracking

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All

The holiday season is now firmly in full swing and amongst various Christmas parties and the apparent non-stop drinking that December brings with it each year, we’ve actually been very busy.

Top of the list has been making the Spin Palace website more search engine friendly and the main focus of this has been the tracking. The tracking has been changed so that your affiliate id will no longer be seen in the address bar of an internet browser, but rather will be held in a variable on the server side.

The actual methodology behind how the tracking works hasn’t changed and rest assured that the new system has spent the best part of 4 weeks in rigorous testing, so it’s still as robust as ever. What’s more you’ll be able to see your affiliate id in the status bar at the bottom of your browser for a short while every time you navigate to a new page.

So far the new tracking system has only been launched on the Spin Palace website but it’ll be rolled out across the rest of the group over the coming weeks. If you have any questions about the new system please don’t hesitate to contact us.

We hope you have a fantastic time over the holidays and wish you a very prosperous and happy New Year.

Best regards,

Tim Whyles

Anonymous
    Inactive

I assume that this means we do not have to change our links at all?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi KW

No, there’s no need to change your links. Everything with the tracking is the same as before apart from the fact that tags are not shown in the address bar of the browser any more, they are held in a variable on the server instead.

Best regards,

Tim

vladcizsol

Thanks for the heads up Tim.

Uh, I hate to be the Grinch that stole Christmas, but my players are findeing their stocking overstuffed with winnings this month. Can we cut down on the huge helpings of Christmas Cheer?

I mean yes we want the players to have a few pressies, but Father Christmas is beating me like a red nosed reindeer this month …

:santa2:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Prof

It does look like your players are having some good fortune this month but as you know, there’s nothing we can do about how much your players actually win.

The upside is that winning players are happy players so they’ll be playing for a long time to come and sooner or later we all know their luck’s going to run out!

Hopefully the tide will turn this month but even if it doesn’t it’ll stand you in good stead to kick next year off with a bang!

Cheers

Tim

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.spinpalace.com/index_blackjack.asp

The blackjack landing page currently has a problem:
    “An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi BJInfo

I have the developers looking into this as a matter of urgency but we’re unable to replicate the problem, are you still experiencing it?

Is anyone else having a problem visiting that link?

Best regards,

Tim

Anonymous
    Inactive

It works OK for me now too.

Perhaps it was a temporary thing. Thanks for the extremely quick response! :exclamati

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dang. The clean URL works, but the one with my tracking code still gives me the error…

http://www.spinpalace.com/index_blackjack.asp?s=wgs11683&a=wgsaffad0

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, now both are working, and I just hit them both several times in a row. I wish I could pin down more details, but I got that error about 3 times earlier, but all appears fine now. Very frustrating to have to track down I’m sure…

Let me check one more time before I submit this response…

Worked fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ken

I’ve just heard back from the developers, some updates have just been installed on the webservers and they have had to restart them one by one to complete the installation.

The final webserver is currently rebooting and so everything will be operating normally within the next 5 minutes.

Sorry about the temporary interruption in service.

Cheers

Tim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)