Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

MSN Etiquette…is there an unwritten law?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, this has always bugged me.

If you add someone to MSN without actually “knowing” them and you see them sign in, once accepted the invitation of course. Who should make the first move?

Should you wait for them to say Hi or should you dive straight in there with a cheeky one liner?

Personally, I go with a “Hi :)” then hope for the best.

Whats your angle?

Anonymous
    Inactive

In this case I think you should be the one to say hello..

I you wanted to add me to msn and I accepted your invitation, you were the person who initiated adding eachother to msn.. Therefor I would expect you to be the person who has something (perhaps really important) to share with me.. :)

And ofcourse the same if things were changed around.. If I wanted to talk to you and added you to my msn, you accepted.. Then I would contact you first..

but this is just worth about 2ct..

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree – if you added me to your contact list and I decided to accept, then I would wait for you to approach me.

If you hadn’t done so in a day or so, I would probably remove the contact from my IM account.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback. :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s probably 200 people on my MSN list, every now n then I go delete names I don’t recognize, because of this forum, I accept almost anyone, I never actually open a window and say hello to anyone I add, I just add them, later on, if I’ve never spoken to them, I delete them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)