Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Microsoft, Google, & Yahoo Pay $ 31.5 MM in Gambling Settlement

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Someone needs to tell the General that online gambling is not illegal..

idiots..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, total idiots !

31.5 MM dollars to these companies is like you/I reaching for change in our pockets. It wasn’t worth the effort – time and cost-wise – to fight this at these #’s.

What amazed me is this made breaking headline news on CNBC, in the middle of Trading Day. I thought it had something to do with the EU decision (another joke, BTW), but then it was this. Department of Justice obviously wanted to chase the EU news with some of their muscle.

To think, that our hard-earned dollars are paying for these idiots’ work…….the only good news is that there is plenty to talk about in this week’s issue of Perspectives Weekly………..

Anonymous
    Inactive

They carried sportsbetting ads.

The DOJ always “forgets” to mention what actually was the legal item in the case.

Neteller did sportsbetting too…

And certainly BOS did.

No one who didn’t get involved with sportsbetting has ever been charged.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, good point, Dominique. I always forget this item, since the whole damn this is senseless anyway. But, I believe the article does refer to the “Wire Act”, so you are absolutely correct.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah remember in t’them days clicks were going for up to $20 on google for gambling terms, it was insane. They were probably making $31m an hour.

Obiku

First, I still see plenty of “gambling” sites with Google Ads on it.

Second, 16.5 million of Microsoft’s share is going to “charities.” I’m sure they can claim these “payments” dollar for dollar on their taxes.

A bunch of the others are also going to these “charities.” Essentially, the US aggreed to a settlement that made them look like they were flexing their muscles, while only slapping the wrist of these companies.

Kind of scary when you see the federal government policing the internet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a ‘play’ button at the bottom of this page, it has an audio statement from Catherine Hanaway, thought it was interesting…

http://www.missourinet.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=F4D8C476-9972-4FC1-F938C704B1697CBF

vladcizsol

Did anyone notice this part of the settlement?

Each party has agreed to pay for a public service campaign will be aimed at informing users, especially those of college age and younger, that online gambling is illegal.

Microsoft is going to spend $9 million on this campaign. Yahoo is kicking in another $4.5 million!!!

Microsoft stated

“This agreement reflects our ongoing commitment to online safety,” the company said in a statement. “We’re hopeful that our educational campaign will stop young people from gambling before they start.”

Looks like my next PC will be an apple.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s so sad that it makes me nauseous.
    “Buh, gambling is bad, but on our own terms (if we get a cut) it’s very good”

:flush:

giftorgbest

Idiots they were. I saw a promotion from Microsoft’s MSN, if you promoted gambling sites out of USA, it was allowed to entitle $50 coupon. Was there an Intetnet inside USA or outside USA? Internet is worldwide. Perhaps over-gambling is not a good behavior, but we have the right to gamble as we like. We hate the government always tell us what to do or not to do. Like gambling, existence is of reason.

giftorgbest

I agree with you. On our terms, gambling is very good to promote. LOL. :tongue:

Webmaster7;149079 wrote:
    It’s so sad that it makes me nauseous.
    “Buh, gambling is bad, but on our own terms (if we get a cut) it’s very good”

:flush:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)