Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Looking to start a poker portal, help

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just bought a poker url ( WORLDSERIESOFPOKERONLINE.COM). Any thoughts on the name, to long maybe? Anyway I am wondering if any of you know of some good resources I can look into and maybe some good sites that might help get the creative juices flowing.

Thanks
    emg35

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well as far as I know the world series of poker is an annual event. What you should probably do with that domain is feature poker rooms that allow players to win a seat to this poker tournament. All prima powered poker rooms do this.

The unfortunate thing about promoting prima poker rooms is that they earn little in comparison to Party Poker, but if you land a few good players they can pay off. And while they may earn little in comparison to party poker, from my experience they earn the second most.

I have a page devoted to this tournament on my website you might want to take a look for an idea:

http://www.pokertournaments.org/worldpoker.html

Antoine

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi emg35,
    if you email or pm me I’ll be happy to help you out as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wonder if the name is not trademarked , then you may get into problems.
    /Janet

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know a webmaster who had a similar domain name who got a cease and desist. The WSOP folks are watching these net sites pretty closely I think. I’d find another domain, personally.

Anonymous
    Inactive

World Series of Poker is trademarked by Harrahs.

World Series of Online Poker is trademarked by Pokerstars.

I’m not a trademark lawyer, but personally I wouldn’t devote a lot of time to this website as it is certainly plausible that either or both would take steps against it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)