Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Legal Update on Sweden

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bosshoggs

iGaming in Sweden is tightly regulated by a government that is reluctant to give up a lucrative monopoly. There have been some recent developments regarding online gaming in Sweden- all the details here: Sweden Online Gambling Legal Update

However, a big question to pose… Do you think that the Swedish market will ever open up to offshore competition? And how could this effect Affiliate opportunities?

David_EGO

I think that Sweden could go for the same solution as in Denmark if it is successful.
    But ít will take time, don’t expect any change within three years at least.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Footballfan 235752 wrote:

I think that Sweden could go for the same solution as in Denmark if it is successful.
    But ít will take time, don’t expect any change within three years at least.

It took some time to develop the Danish legislation and there have been many difficulties for the operators to implement technical solutions that work, but I think most operators are on track and will have their solutions ready very soon. So it doesn’t necessarily have to take three years.

I would assume that Swedes gamble even more than Danes, so it will be interesting to see for sure!

bosshoggs

@pjotter 235917 wrote:

I would assume that Swedes gamble even more than Danes, so it will be interesting to see for sure!

Just curious… why do you think that Swedes gamble more than the Danes?

In Finland it is difficult situation, they may try to ban foreign online gambling. But they know they can´t because of EU. I think market will open in 2-3 years, hopefully sooner..

Anonymous
    Inactive

@JillO 235962 wrote:

Just curious… why do you think that Swedes gamble more than the Danes?

Apart from visiting their great neighbor country, Denmark, and walking in the forrests, how should the Swedes spend their spare time, but on gambling ;)

When I visit Sweden it seems like there are betting and gambling kiosks in every super market etc., and if you take the ferry to Sweden it is also filled with Swedes at the slot machines on the ferries.

NOTE: Swedes and Danes also like to pick on each other as you may sense, but our relationship is kind of like siblings, I guess… :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)