Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Key Republican admits Palin not Qualified

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

interesting thread. to be fair to both parties, they are paid for by the same people. just not in the same ratios. either way, their campaign supporters have to leverage their losses, which is why they donate to both parties.

besides, no matter what is said, the democrating and republican party is not that much different. they say different things, but act rather similarly. so perhaps its just an illussion of democracy.

i’m not american but i find it strange on what merits the president and his VP are being elected. after having bush in power, you’ld expect people to choose someone intelligent, but there is so much prejudice around that this election will stand to prove (now more than ever) whether US is still heavily tainted by racial issues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Splinter: you said something that has always been my point of view

you’ld expect people to choose someone intelligent

I want a leader to be much more intelligent than me, but it seems in the US that you are
    considered ‘an elitist’ if you possess some smarts.
    As i have lived in the US and Canada, I believe one of the solutions is a third party in the US.
    Every other true democracy in the world offers more than 2 party choices.
    Of course, a parlimentary system and questions periods would soon weed out the lesser leaders, but that’s not going to happen.
    Yes, ’tis an interesting thread. I’m going to stop now and just lurk. I don’t want to offend anyone.
    gaylem

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t really follow politics, I am a registered independent female voter.(which this election gets a bunch of polsters knocking at your door.). When I was 18 I was a devoted voter/researcher.

Since then, let’s say i’ve been Lax. ;)

Without a whole ton of background I can say when my husband listened to Palin, who he’s a huge supporter of, on television recently she kind of got on my nerves. Nothing personal mind you, I’m a girl, and sometimes we’re catty like that.

Eventually, I will get more interested, research and read all the crap, but as of today, I know .. as little as possible.

So with that point made, this guy, Chuck Hagel, just totally (in my opinion) made himself look like an ass. He’s a registered republican.. he has ‘chosen a team’, and now he’s badmouthing that team publicly.

You could say he’s like a football team member.. that went out and was like ‘My team’s totally not gunna make it.. Our captain sucks!’.. Ever hear of Terral Owens, former Eagles and 49er team member… who publicly badmouthed his team before being traded off.

Even Walmart it seems would be intelligent to can a janitor that was quoted by the press pointing out their inadequacies.

I realize the republican party can’t just kick the guy off the team.. and that things aren’t run that way, but in my opinion, once your team has chosen up.. you have to support who you’ve got.. or like me, you register as an independent.

Professor;176761 wrote:
    See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_on_el_pr/hagel_palin;_ylt=AisO2N5hEU_s4dFlbQ9.VHys0NUE

Reads:

WASHINGTON – Nebraska Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel said his party’s vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, lacks foreign policy experience and called it a “stretch” to say she’s qualified to be president.
    “She doesn’t have any foreign policy credentials,” Hagel said in an interview published Thursday by the Omaha World-Herald. “You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don’t know what you can say. You can’t say anything.”

Could Palin lead the country if GOP presidential nominee John McCain could not?

“I think it’s a stretch to, in any way, to say that she’s got the experience to be president of the United States,” Hagel said.

McCain and other Republicans have defended Palin’s qualifications, citing Alaska’s proximity to Russia. Palin told ABC News, “They’re our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.”

Hagel took issue with that argument. “I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, ‘I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'” he said. “That kind of thing is insulting to the American people.”

Hagel, a senior member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has been a vocal critic of the Bush administration since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

In July, Hagel traveled to Iraq and Afghanistan with Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. Though he didn’t expect to be asked, Hagel had said he would have considered serving as Obama’s running mate.

Palin was mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, population 6,500, before becoming Alaska’s governor in December 2006.

Palin visited soldiers in Kuwait and Germany last year and said in an interview with ABC News that her only other foreign travel had been to Mexico and Canada. She also said she had never met a foreign head of state.

Hagel told the newspaper that other governors have been elected to serve in the White House without experience in Washington. He said judgment and character were also important for the job.

“But I do think in a world that is so complicated, so interconnected and so combustible, you really got to have some people in charge that have some sense of the bigger scope of the world,” Hagel said. “I think that’s just a requirement.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Intelligence has nothing to do with being the President – Bush is the smartest educated person to hold that office (MBA) and look!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@splinterfree 177061 wrote:

but there is so much prejudice around that this election will stand to prove (now more than ever) whether US is still heavily tainted by racial issues.

BULLSHIT, I dont know what country your from or what your reading or SMOKING, but it was white people who gave Obama the power, so dont go slaming us saying The USA saying is going to decide this on race, cause that are plenty of white people voting for Obama You wanna kick a war hero who was a pow for 5 years and who gave other people a chance forearly release by turning down his own chance, thats you right, but this county had a top black male, a top black female and a top latino in high positions here, not token ones; so slam religion, conservitives whatever, but done say this country is racisit. Its around, yea, but any one in here, Dem or Rep should be proud of how we help other countries and if you not you way to bias and dont deserve to live here, because knocking out leaders in one thing, but I didnt hear France bitching about the USA back in the 1940’s, or Russia either.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry bud, but you have it wrong. :D

Being a black female it’s a subject where I know what I’m talking about and could give you some RECENT data on how Obama stand a very good chance of not winning due to his race. :sarcasm:

Once the election gets closer then I’ll pull out the stats (that I love so much) and prove it to ya.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You guys win, you wore me out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bud405n 177174 wrote:

BULLSHIT, I dont know what country your from or what your reading or SMOKING, but it was white people who gave Obama the power, so dont go slaming us saying The USA saying is going to decide this on race, cause that are plenty of white people voting for Obama You wanna kick a war hero who was a pow for 5 years and who gave other people a chance forearly release by turning down his own chance, thats you right, but this county had a top black male, a top black female and a top latino in high positions here, not token ones; so slam religion, conservitives whatever, but done say this country is racisit. Its around, yea, but any one in here, Dem or Rep should be proud of how we help other countries and if you not you way to bias and dont deserve to live here, because knocking out leaders in one thing, but I didnt hear France bitching about the USA back in the 1940’s, or Russia either.

whoaa mate, take it easy there. i do not take credit for what i wrote there. this is actually something that has been written by a lot of people in many articles. furthermore, this was something that was said to me by an american classmate of mine and i thought that it made a lot of sense.

as for “kicking a war hero”, that’s all i hear about mccain. its been 30 years and he should let it go. his country has repaid him with 7 houses, 13 cars, and a few wifes. he is not such a poor shmuck as you make him sound, he is actually quite well off.

the problem with mccain is that his rhetoric is missing, he doesn’t have much to say in his defense, his only strong point of being more experienced than obama was pissed away by choosing palin as his VP. by choosing palin, mccain also hit this whole election process below the waist. instead of debating on things that really are of pressing matter like economic policy, america’s stand in the world, health care, etc, the voting agenda was turned to abortion, right to hold guns, pitbulls with lipstick, and whatnot.

choose a president that has a hint of intelligence and will actually be able to lead a country. not manipulated to make decisions brought forward by someone who has a different agenda!

don’t get me wrong, i really do think that america is a great country. but i also think that it has went off track in the last decade and has lost its moral ground of “preaching democracy” to the rest of the world.

even the economist is jumping on the bandwagon by saying that this election is getting out of hand. http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12262173

as for where i’m from – i’m from russia. beat that, lol

Anonymous

Hi all,

well I’m probably missing the whole thing but from my admittedly shallow knowledge of politics and racism … I would have thought Obama is going to win just because everybody is sick of Bush and so fearful of another 4 years that on that merit alone he’d walk in.

Further is when repubs chose palin who might be a great gal and all but the only argument the repubs had as to why to choose mcain was the inexperience of obama, and now that is nullified because what happens if mcain falls over dead?

we’d have the most inexperienced person in the history of the US running the country at time when frankly I don’t think we can afford much more mis-management and still be around in 20 years.

I’m not racist anyway but Obama would get my vote … or none of the above ….. before I’d vote for a republican at this time.

and i think the repubs know that. and gave up mcain as their sacrificial lamb so to speak, especially when they tagged him with palin. I bet the old school was thinking they’d kill two birds here, sacrifice someobody who would never be in a position to be of help in any other way … cause mcain would be too old next time around … and get a woman in there that we “tried” to run for VP … which ought to buy us a few more elections before anybody asked about that matter again.

The whole repub approach has been extremely lame IMHO. From the first ads with the pop star stuff … to the ones now where Mcain’s own ad people are running .. we can’t afford more of the same.

isn’t that pretty much asking people to vote for obama?

they might think its telling us that mcain isn’t more of the same but telling us won’t negate all the years of proven history that you almost always get more of the same when you vote the same ticket again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bb1webs 177230 wrote:

I’m not racist anyway but Obama would get my vote … or none of the above ….. before I’d vote for a republican at this time.

That may be our saving grace because for the most part I personally truly believe that the vast majority of white democrats will not let racism play a part in this election.

On the other hand, there are people out there that will admit to not voting for Obama because he is black. While I do not agree with it, I do respect the fact that they admit it and are entitled to vote the way the want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The only thing I can say is keep plenty of cash on hand. That means not in a bank.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@splinterfree 177206 wrote:

as for where i’m from – i’m from russia. beat that, lol

Well, I agree with you on this one, all the countries we help, even those we let all that money to after WW2 , now think it’s funny that we are having problems.

Man, if only Russia and the other countries we lent money to would pay us even 10% back, that would really help. Can’t you talk to the Czar or someone and ask if she can at least pay me back my share.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bud405n 177432 wrote:

Well, I agree with you on this one, all the countries we help, even those we let all that money to after WW2 , now think it’s funny that we are having problems.

oh yes, should you also mention that US (actually bush’s grandfather) lent money to both sides of WWII? yes, that’s including ze germans. so let’s not be opening that pandora’s box…

besides, US never helped anyone with unconditional loans, it always asked for something in return. so that’s that…

voodooman
    bud405n;177432 wrote:

Man, if only Russia and the other countries we lent money to would pay us even 10% back, that would really help. Can’t you talk to the Czar or someone and ask if she can at least pay me back my share.

Hey Bud – Your writing here paints you as a typical arrogant white American who thinks the world owes you a favour. Grow up, your country has been raping the third world for the last century. Why do you think the USA has such a crappy reputation at the moment. Yes that’s right, your cow boy president and his cow boy policies.

You Guys consume 25% of the worlds resources and don’t give a fuck about any body else.

Just remember that the wheel is turning. Rome is not what it used to be.

I personly hope Obama gets in so that he can turn your country around, but I’m not sure if you can stop this run away train.

Apologies in advance for offending over sensitive readers.

biggyg

No arguements from me ixian .China will have the last laugh lol.They practically own USA now ,if they can get about 4% more of their debt they will have the controling share.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)