Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Just Noticed this News – Damn!

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vladcizsol

CHONG’S BONG NIGHTMARE

Actor Tommy Chong of the spaced-out, dope-smoking comedy duo “Cheech & Chong” has been jailed for selling marijuana pipes over the internet.

The 65-year-old admitted distributing drug taking paraphernalia in May, but asked the judge for a non-custodial sentence at a hearing on Thursday.

In a statement read out by his lawyer, Mr Chong said he had a problem with marijuana but was not the perpetually stoned loser he portrays in the infamous Cheech & Chong films.

He said he had overcome his dependency through taking up constructive hobbies including learning to dance the salsa.

But Chong’s pleas were ignored and he was sentenced to nine months in prison and fined around £15,000.

Prosecutors said Chong’s marijuana pipe company had turned over £1m in sales between 2001 and early in 2003 when federal agents raided its premises.

Chong, who has no criminal record, is best known as the bearded and bespectacled member of Cheech & Chong.

He, along with partner Cheech Marin became synonymous with the drug humour of the 1970s through comedy skits such as Dave’s Not Here and movies like Up In Smoke.

First gaining national notoriety in 1970, the then-youthful pair made a series of comedy albums that won them a Grammy award and launched their subsequent Hollywood movie careers.

A new movie starring the aging comedians is reported to be in the works.

bb1webs

Hi,

where was this at I wonder?

No criminal record and he got 9 months! for selling pipes with no illegal substance in them! How can they do that? there are head shops around here and nobody is going to jail over it.

*if you ask for a bong they tell you to leave. Ask for a tobacco smoking device using water to cool the smoke and you’re okay. No kidding. this is in a neighboring state; Missouri (pronounced Mizzerri)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, Mizzeri sure has some very eager prosecutors on many levels, doesn’t it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

WOW, those were the good ole days, Cheech and Chong!!! Poor guy, that’s BS getting 9 mos.!

Anonymous
    Inactive

my friend hand blows glass pipes and bongs . i was selling them on ebay until they banned me in 2001
    different states different rules – too bad, because there is great money in it.,

Anonymous

Maybe he’ll be in a cell next to Rush Limbaugh. Yeah right.

bb1webs

Maybe he’ll be in a cell next to Rush Limbaugh. Yeah right

Good one! I’d listen to that radio show lol

Anonymous

Speaking of that:

Tommy Chong (from prison, where he is serving nine months for conspiring to sell bongs) on Rush Limbaugh: “I feel sorry for Rush. I’m glad I’m not Rush. My vice was pot; you can put it down, it’s not addictive at all, though some say it’s psychologically addictive. I feel sorry for anybody on heroin. He was on a painkiller called OxyContin that’s been called Hillbilly Heroin.” Adds that he’s not bitter that he’s in jail while Limbaugh’s in rehab: “Not at all. It’s a totally different case. Mine is political, his is medical. Is it unfair? Yes, it is. But I would hate to have Rush Limbaugh change the way they handle addicts. You don’t put addicts in jail, you put them in rehab. You put political figures like myself in jail.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

wow 9 months with no priors … someone was out to get em!

A new movie starring the aging comedians is reported to be in the works.

LOL – you just know they’ll have to mention this incident some where in the skit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)