Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Is pagerank predictions reliable

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

it’s not that deep

Actually it is. :laugh:

PR is still important…

Not… The only reason PR is currently considered ‘important’ by some is because uninformed Webmasters mistakenly believe it is ‘important’ for ranking in google.

Anonymous
    Inactive

PR is important, but definitely overated. PR absolutely matters to link partners, and it matters a little to Google even…PR is an approximation of your site’s strength, however it doesn’t mean a thing if your site isn’t optimized for the keywords you are gunning for. However, if your PR5 site is optimized in exactly the same manner as a PR4 site, you can bet the PR5 site will rank higher. Really, once you cross the PR5 threshhold, PR basically doesn’t matter as much anymore, since you will have a pretty strong site. At this point it all comes down to on and off-page optimization to gain SERPs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey its a free internet… If you guys want to believe that PageRank is still important, who am I to try to change your minds. I hear some folks even believe Elvis is alive and working in some gas station in Texas… Well maybe he is…

Here is a fact for ya, the page rank number google shows has no correlation at all to a pages position in the SERP for any keyword.

The number google shows as “PageRank” stopped being an accurate measure of backlinks over 1 1/2 years ago and that is the ONLY thing the PageRank number ever did, measure backlinks… and I dare anyone to try to prove me wrong, I have not pulled out my copy of “Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine” for some time, its about time for a refresher… :Nod:

Funny thing, google’s “link:” query stopped being accurate at the exact same time that the PageRank number stopped being accurate.

Now if I were a paranoid person I would think that google its self made the “link:” query and the PageRank Number not accurate on purpose in an effort to foil link spammers (Sorry for the Sarcasm… google really did make the “link:” query and the PageRank number inaccurate on purpose).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    lots0 wrote:
    google its self made the “link:” query and the PageRank Number not accurate on purpose in an effort to foil link spammers (Sorry for the Sarcasm… google really did make the “link:” query and the PageRank number inaccurate on purpose).

That is a possible reason for it, foiling link spammers.

Whatever the real reason, google definitely has made anything to do with “links” inaccurate in the way it is presented, and I am positive it is on purpose. I definitely agree.

The only value PR has is that people base linking decisions on it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It seems to me that all gambling sites took a general loss in PR. Like the sect was devalued during bigdaddy. Am I trippin’ or what?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t take a loss.

I don’t pay any attention to it either, but once every so many months I go and have a look.

Looks the same to me in a very long time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, after all of the “My site is 1 month old and I have a PR5” posts after BigDaddy, I was under the assumption that gambling sites were doing fine. Actually, the last PR update seemed to be problematic, and Matt Cutts has even made posts to the effect that Google needs to run another update because of the problems. So, the PR you are looking at today could be very flawed and yes, the visual PR is different from the actual PR as are backlinks that are reported by Google. That is by design.

And, to lots0, take it easy man, we can agree to disagree. I stand by my post that PR is important, but certainly not the be-all-end-all of ranking, there are many many contributing factors for sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)