Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Iowa Online Poker Bill Moves Forward

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bosshoggs

Iowa is starting to look really nice for Online Poker!

Apparently, Iowa is in the top 3 in the nation as a “cash starved state” so legalizing online poker in Iowa is a step closer to reality after a senate subcommittee forwarded a intrastate poker bill.

Here’s some more details: Iowa Online Poker Bill Moves Forward

This poses an interesting question… Would affiliates be better off operating under state or federal laws?

Anonymous
    Inactive

“dysfunctional Congress”, now that’s an understatement!

Who knew that Iowa would be so progressive?
    With all the crying about high taxes, it’s a wonder why every state and individual is not looking positively at it.

State or Federal law better?
    Beats me ):

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would be much more in favor of the State running regulations in the industry as opposed to the Feds.
    First off, if the Feds try to get it going, the time it takes to gets done will be much longer than if it is a state issue. With the State you would have less political people involved. With less people involved you wouldn’t have as many fat cats getting up they’re blowing their own horn and adding this clause or that clause.

If the State handles it, it might have a more grass roots, people involvement affect than if the Feds ran it. It’s just easier to get involved in State issues and I think groups like CAP and others would have a louder voice working with the state. The Feds would have much more regulations and therefore more people involved in it and the payroll for all of those Fed workers will get sky high (less for us). More people involved means more favors to interest groups and cronies and there is plenty of that going on now.

I say if the State handles it will be less complicated, not to say it WONT be complicated, lets face it, things in government are way messed up, but I just feel the less people involved the better.

I will admit that with the states involved there will be different rules for different states, but really, if you dont like the law in your state, it is easier to move to another state than to move to another country.

OK, I am off the soapbox now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure if affiliates would be better off under state or federal laws but I can’t see us making much money on the state level. There just aren’t enough online players in most states. As a player the one thing that I hate is sitting around waiting for other players.

bosshoggs

bud405n and fonzi you both bring up great points…. I totally understand your schools of thought.

But… it’s all about having the best reach to generate the biggest database and having a stronger traffic force. By handling things on a state level, could that hinder your traffic reach?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)