Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Interesting Blog Post

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The slippery slope gets steeper and greasier every day. Do these guys really want to be in the business of stopping certain kinds of speech? Every whacko paranoid group in the world is about to call for the end of advertising for something or another.[/quote]

That is interesting and probably all too true.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This person makes a lot of very good points.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve read some interesting articles about the homogeneous-ation of products caused by the rise in power of Wal-mart with consumers and how the effect it has on society is negative. Something about how a typical Wal-mart carries a minimal number of titles in books, cd’s and movies as compared to a bookstore or record store or movie store. As Wal-mart gains popularity, the society is exposed to fewer ideas and influences and becomes stagnant.

This somehow applies to what’s happening with the default web censorship that we’re seeing, but I’m not sure I’m a clear enough writer or thinker to draw the connection here.

But there’s not a doubt in my mind that Google and Yahoo making their announcement regarding this on the same day is no coincidence, and there’s no doubt in my mind that this is a response to government pressure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In Orwells’ 1984 the people’s dictionary got smaller and smaller,

less words allow for more control because it removes possibilities

from the universe of action since your thoughts are more

limited and directed …

sort of what rap music is doing to kids today … thinking musicians

get killed because it wakes people up … you need airheads like

J Lo. to dumb down people … so its not recommended to write

songs like ” Working Class Hero “.

:rolleyes:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)