Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Idea for newbie room

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What do you think about having a selected senior member each week give a bit of advise in the newbie rm? I would handle all the details and ask a different well established webmaster to give a bit of advise and post it each week and they can answer questions if any newbie has any. Just a thought let me know what you think :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think that is a good idea. I remember talking to Lou about that a few weeks ago when I came on board. Like a ‘Mini-View’ where the person give advice on what they know and want to share.

I plan(ned) on doing some sort of “How to” about something when I get a chance in the poll section. It would be about web design and things of that nature, but I know that the newbie forum would be a better place for it so if you want to work together on it, let me know.

I found some software that lets you record what you are doing on your pc to video that will work for ‘tutorial’ type stuff. I hope to work on the idea once my site is done as well as a couple other things.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Web design – what’s that? :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Dominique 174786 wrote:

Web design – what’s that? :tongue:

LOL something along with database development that is causing me to add some grey hairs to my head today! LOLLLLLLLL

I’m doing a crash course on about 3 software packages that I had never used before a few weeks ago, but I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. hehe

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have enough grey hair, thank you :)

Not touching the stuff with a ten foot pole. :tongue:

Never have. Well, I made a site 8 years ago and it was horrible. So I hired a guy for $200 to make it nice. Ever since I figure I’ll stick to doing what I’m good at.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m with Dom on that!!:hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been a ‘computer’ person right out of high school and learning the latest software has always been what I enjoy so while I may give the impression that it’s a crappy thing I actually thrive on it. hehe

As a teen my sister got me a gig with her at a hotel as a maid where she worked and I worked one day until noon and told her that I was not coming back after lunch! LMAO She was very upset, but I learned early on that the ‘manual’ labor thing was not for me and fell in love with my pc because I knew that it would be my bread and butter. hehe

I’ve also paid folks to do the work for me, but never really get what I want so I am one that will to learn to do it myself so that it’s done to my liking and build on my skill set.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)