Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

I Got A Problem

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Lets go hang Wang by his wang

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok – let’s establish one thing:

When this is happening, does it occur after checking the domain available in godaddy.com?

If it seems to be happening exclusively with that particular registrar, perhaps this person has found a way to access the godaddy database of domain searches.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope

i use abacusamerica

i think he has got into the global registry, or he hacked my computer and was seeing what i saw, because as soon as i found a good name that was available i registered it and then a day later i was informed he registered it just before me

twice in 2 days this happened

these domains once existed and were archived on archive.org but were on the market for 2 years, then as soon as i try to get them, he grabbed them

he is getting info from somewhere, and since others have implicated him, it is unlikely he has hacked into everyones computer, unless he is just targeting webmasters because they buy lots of domains

the interesting thing is that the names i tried to grab had above average value according to this appraisal tool i’m using, i registered other names without problem that had never existed before, but these names he grabbed had a past, so that might be a factor, i can check that if someone tells me the name they tried to register or they can check it themselves at archive.org

might be a connection there, like an auto reregister that goes into effect anytime someone tries to grab a name from the past

Anonymous
    Inactive

“appraisal tool”… Maybe that’s the leak?

How specifically are you finding information on these domains? I suspect somewhere along the chain there’s an exploitable link. If that’s not the case, then this looks like the add/drop scheme described in Bob Parsons link.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    BlackjackInfo wrote:
    “appraisal tool”… Maybe that’s the leak?

Thought about that, seems possible, but this is my appraisal tool

http://www.leapfish.com

its not any kind of software

i did grab a name you might like blackjackinfo

absolutepokerblackjack.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

It happens.
    I’m not a tech to discuss this , but I knew about this problem from a host forum in which I’m member.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=493060&highlight=domain+registration+thief

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t read the entire post so if this has been mentioned, forgive me!

There have been several people on another board who have been making accusations about a certain registrar “stealing” domains that people have searched for and have come up as available.

EDIT: don’t know if godaddy was that registrar or not.

If you searched whois before purchasing you might have been nailed by this (although I have never seen one registered to a real person, all the examples have been companies but all ended up as parked).

You might want to try a different a different registrar and do not search a domian in whois first, approach it as if you know it’s available and purchase it right away.

Again sorry if this was posted before.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an accountexec at godaddy, which is nice for managing things and renewing and purchases as I get better rates through him.

However, when I recently decided to buy a couple of domains, I mailed him right away and they were suddenly also taken.

I thought someone happened to come along and buy them in that half hour span, but now I am reading this….

Anonymous
    Inactive

years ago, pre 2000, a friend’s CEO was using a company called Name Secure to register domains. Then one day he looked up about 10 or 20 domains, the next day they were all registered. He did the same again a few days later and sure enough the next day they were registered. He switched domain registrars after that.

I figure in this case it’s domain registrar or appraisal tool.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This happened to us too we went to buy a domain and bam someone snagged it mins and I mean mins before we did the final payment!

Hey, what is the “military strength spyware” tool you use I would be interested in using this myself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

FYI, my friend’s domain became free today and he was able to register it. It had been registered by Mr. Hong Kong on the 29th, so you might want to check yours and see if it has been released too. This looks like a domain kiter for sure to me.

CBW

Anonymous
    Inactive

Found a similar thread to this on another forum. They refer to this as Domain Tasting and also mention wangleedomains:

xhttp://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=530943

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is the Bob Parsons article http://www.bobparsons.com/may2006.html

May i suggest using namecheap or snap names if your looking for names that are dropping yet have i lost a name at namecheap even after searching there for its availability then going back next day and registering.

this guy is just using a bot to scan registers and all he is doing is byuying all names he can thats available there talk on this at NP heres thread i think its domibot this time though hxxp://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/185087-domibot-spying-on-whois-searches.html?highlight=domainbot

Also post on Big Bobs blog about your experience on it.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)