Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Gotta Love Australia

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Saw a quote from the “Most livable city” survey that said something like: Sydney is a great city, unless you are unfortunate enough to live there.

Haven’t been over there yet, so I have reserved judgment. Isn’t there this great battle / argument about Melbourne > Sydney and vice versa?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CK – Schalk 165496 wrote:

Saw a quote from the “Most livable city” survey that said something like: Sydney is a great city, unless you are unfortunate enough to live there.

Haven’t been over there yet, so I have reserved judgment. Isn’t there this great battle / argument about Melbourne > Sydney and vice versa?

Hahahaha – that is true. I would say that Sydney sux if you live there, or anywhere near there.. I live over an hour south and I still hate having to come here every day, even though our office isn’t in the city. If you’re a public transport person and love getting lost, I’d say Sydney is great for you… but if you’re not from Sydney, and drive.. I would say stay away!

I think it’s also the fact of ‘people want what they don’t have’
    I have such a better time in Melbourne. But it’s probably because I’m not there all the time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brisbane Rocks better than Sydney and Melbourne. Southerners are moving to Brisbane so it has to be the best city in Australia.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s definitely cheaper to live there than the southern cities.. I think the whole of Australia will be moving there soon if the petrol prices keep going up at the rate they’re going.
    Grrrr

Jamie;165913 wrote:
    Brisbane Rocks better than Sydney and Melbourne. Southerners are moving to Brisbane so it has to be the best city in Australia.

Agreed, Brisbane for the win!

No hook turns and no trams really make getting around easier.

If we cold only stop all the southerners from moving up here it would be perfect.

Shane@PDCAffiliates;168937 wrote:
    no trams really make getting around easier.

:confused:

Brisbane is a sleepy little town. Melbourne is where it’s all happening.

CK – Schalk;168939 wrote:
    :confused:

Brisbane is a sleepy little town. Melbourne is where it’s all happening.

Table image is very important in poker… we like to project our ‘Sleepy little town’ to keep the southerners at bay.

I must say I did enjoy seeing massive adds on the way to the airport in Melbourne last week advertising the Picasso exhibition in Brisbane.

Shane@PDCAffiliates;168940 wrote:
    Table image is very important in poker… we like to project our ‘Sleepy little town’ to keep the southerners at bay.

I must say I did enjoy seeing massive adds on the way to the airport in Melbourne last week advertising the Picasso exhibition in Brisbane.

LOL!

Yeah, because advertising Brisbane is probably the best way to keep them pesky southerners out…

:tongue:

CK – Schalk;168941 wrote:
    LOL!

Yeah, because advertising Brisbane is probably the best way to keep them pesky southerners out…

:tongue:

Sometimes we like to brag!!!!

I mean we have only had Warhol and Picasso this year…. nothing special…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found driving in Brisbane difficult because I was driving on the wrong side of the road, and the traffic circles which we dont have, but besides that it was no more difficult than any other north American city. Sydney I didn’t even want to tackle as it looked too intimidating.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just got this in an email and thought it was HILARIOUS!

Renee;173019 wrote:
    I just got this in an email and thought it was HILARIOUS!

If only we entered some Kangaroos in the Olympics…. we might have a couple more gold medals.

PS. Kangaroo steaks marinated in olive oil and rosemary, straight on the BBQ… PERFECTION!!!!!!!!! I wish it was summer already!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agreed…

Damn I can’t wait for summer either.. Not happy coming home from 30+ degrees to this shitty weather.. It’s pissing down today!

I tried Kangaroo once when I was very young. Kinda remember it tasting like beef sausage.. but I’d trade the kangaroo on the barbie for some lamb marinated in olive oil and rosemary… MMMMMMMMMM

Good thing I’m having a bbq on sunday :)

Same I just came back from Thailand to the only cold snap Brisbane has had this winter… I nearly cried…. my poor poor tan….

Do yourself a favour and try the Kangaroo with rosmary!!!

I can’t remember if you are in Sydney or Melbourne, if your in Sydney hit the Butcherman up! His lamb cutlets are the only thing I miss about Sydney. http://www.butcherman.com.au/

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)