First affiliate site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JayLakin

Hi guys,

I’ve just launched my first web-site! It’s actually something I’ve been running off-line for a while, with some reasonable success and I’ve never really had the time to expand it or the knowledge to make it succesful on-line. But it’s time to haul myself into the 21st Century and get it moving.

There is obviously a huge amount of content on this site which I shall be looking through, but if anyone is kind to enough to give me some early pointers about where to start and what to focus on to get some traffic that would be just great. I think it’s fantastic the way this community seems eager to help each other, despite competing for business. Any feedback on my site (link in signature) would also be most welcome, good or bad. It’s very light on content, and this is very much an early draft. There’s actually a new design template going on in the next few days, with some special offers for new members too.

I look forward to contributing more to the forum as I learn more and thank you all in advance for any help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks great! What’s behind the login? Anything at this point?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve always had a bit of trouble reading white text on black background. I’m not sure if it’s just me or this happens to others as well. Also, that scrolling text at the top of the page is difficult for me to read.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have trouble reading that too. I can appreciate the look and feel, but it’s too hard to read for me.

JayLakin

Thanks for the feedback. White on black is a bit of a risk and you’re not the only ones to have said that. It’s the look I’m trying to achieve though and, so far, that complaint has been from the minority. I’m going to run with it for a while but am very aware that it may be something I have to change.

The scrollbar also needs a bit of work, agreed.

And yes, there is something behind the login – each member has their own members page. As I had a number of members already from the offline campaign, I’ve transferred all that on line. Had a few new sign-ups since going live, but it’s all about driving new traffic now!

Thanks again for taking the time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)