Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Finally

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Time to get out & vote!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Happy Election Day everybody! :hattip:

Well I’ve been up since 2:30am LOL thought that I would lay back down, but I can’t. I went to bed at 9pm last night so looks like it’s going to be a long day and maybe even an all nighter tonight! :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@GamTrak 184464 wrote:

Happy Election Day everybody! :hattip:

Well I’ve been up since 2:30am LOL thought that I would lay back down, but I can’t. I went to bed at 9pm last night so looks like it’s going to be a long day and maybe even an all nighter tonight! :tongue:

Ha! Exact same for me! I could not fall asleep so I’m going to the polling place now & get me a primo spot in line :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I slept great!
    Especially after Dixville Notch went for Obama!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exciting times for sure :D

But now I’m more confused about how the elections work in the U.S.

I thought that the electors vote for the president, not the people (people voted at the electors long time ago), and now I’m seeing loads of people in rows for going to vote on CNN. How does this work? :confused:

Anyone has a source where I can see some description about this?

And Gammie, pls find time to rest a bit, you will need your energy for celebrating later the day :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sipka 184484 wrote:

And Gammie, pls find time to rest a bit, you will need your energy for celebrating later the day :D

LOL You are so sweet to remind me (Redbush is on me as well).

Basically, each state as a certain number of electorial votes that count towards electing our president. The people vote to decide which guy gets the electoral votes of that state with range from 3 to 55. The guy that gets 270 of the electorial votes will win. :)

I’ll find a good link for you that will give a better explaination of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just google “how US Elections work” and you will find sites. I found this description. :)

Presidential Elections

The President of the United States is elected by the Electoral College and not directly by the population. Each state is assigned electoral votes based on the number of senators and representatives that state has in Congress. Each state has two Senators. The number of representatives is determined by the states population but is never less then 1. Thus small states with a small population are overly represented in the Electoral College. One candidate wins all of the electoral votes in all states except Maine and Nebreska. Their two electors are chosen by statewide popular vote and a single elector is chosen in each Congressional district.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks hun :)

For other confused ones out there I have found a great example:

“let’s say that total of 2 million people vote in South and North Dakota for candidate A, and this is the majority, and that 1 million people vote in Georgia for candidate B, and this is the majority for that state, the candidate B wins the Presidential Elections, as North and South Dakota have combined 6 electoral votes and Georgia has 15 electoral votes.”

Source: http://www.ogpaper.com/How-US-Presidential-Elections-work-200808.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe elections work by lieing and manipulation. Also tons of cash doesnt hurt :)

Lol, ok had to get that out there but I can’t wait till this is all over sooooon!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe elections work by lieing and manipulation.

So why are the republicans getting crushed? Sorry i couldn’t resist chips.

I agree with you on money. Besides the crap job that G.W. hase done, Obama’s money, the economic meltdown and his organization, has made a huge difference to the campaign.

I also agree that it will be good when it’s over and get back to all the sensational stories that clog the media most days. Those i can turn off and ignore. :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)