Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Falsifying affiliate info

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just contacted by an affiliate program asking me to change my residential address because their payment processor would no longer send funds to payspark if the home address was in the USA.

This sure sounds like a sketchy proposition – for starters if by chance that payment processor starts adding the location to the transaction payspark would see it doesnt match they may deny it or they get suspicious and worse yet they decide to close the account. I want to get paid, but this just doesn’t sound right to me.

Any thoughts from other USA affiliates?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No one got the email?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@arkyt 237424 wrote:

their payment processor would no longer send funds to payspark if the home address was in the USA.

What am I missing here? Why is their payment processor privy to each individual affiliate’s address for a batch payment that is being sent to PaySpark and then distributed to each individual account?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thats the first thing about it that doesn’t sound quite right – why does they payment processor need any personal info other than the account number / name?

Then being asked to input false info – thats just asking for future trouble.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Which program is it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like trouble.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I sent them an email asking why their processor needed any information other than my account number / name and they side stepped the question and just repeated the need for USA to be changed.

I would have thought plenty of USA affiliates had gotten the same request and found it puzzling.

bosshoggs

I am not a lawyer… nor do I have a ton of legal experience… but I’ve been in the Affiliate Marketing Game long enough to know when questionable things like this go on… it’s usually not for the best…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree, it sounds like a horrible idea just asking for trouble.

Still can not get my mind around the idea that they have to supply their processor with all my info – if they are paying into payspark I’d think all they need is the account ID and maybe my name – why my address/location?

BTW, this is Brightshare.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@arkyt 237523 wrote:

I agree, it sounds like a horrible idea just asking for trouble.

Still can not get my mind around the idea that they have to supply their processor with all my info – if they are paying into payspark I’d think all they need is the account ID and maybe my name – why my address/location?

BTW, this is Brightshare.

I’d be surprised if Brightshare wouldn’t be straightforward with you explaining how the process works so that you can better understand why the change is required (and why their processor needs your address for a batch payment via PaySpark).

If they won’t enlighten you, I’d ask Renee with RA to explain how the process works. She’s always willing to help and can usually divulge a bit more information about these types of things than some other programs (though I’d assume Brightshare would clear things up in a way that made sense if you asked them).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)