Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Domains for $2.99 each

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Apparently you can buy domain names or transfer domains to yahoo for only $2.99 each… i have never seen anything this low. Has anyone tried using this service or is there a catch?

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to use Yahoo Domains and they were good. I still have 2 domains under them, they were never that cheap before but just as good as Registerfly (which I use for 99% of my domains)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Antoine, I like them, I have 15 domains registered with them…..also before they had a sale a few months back for 1.98$/domain! which was even crazier…so yeah, there doesnt seem to be any catches to me!

KF

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe there arent any “catches” now, but there has to be something planned down the road – at that price they are losing money unless they have gotten some super deal in place that is unheard of to any other domain provider.

Maybe I’m misinformed, but that cost is below the lowest wholesale bulk buy rate I’ve ever heard of.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My uneducated guess….

They are using the domain registration as a ‘loss leader’ for their other services.

Anonymous
    Inactive

When your domain is up do they give you it for the same price? or do they jack the price up… if they do thats where they make the money. trying to get the first timers in most of them will renew. but even then its still a good deal. its like invetsing for them cos they know there going to get more out of it in the future. thats the only thing i can think of :shakebutt :hitthefan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)