Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Custom Programming Services

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    supervince

For a limited time, I am taking on a few new clients for custom php/mysql development. If you need any custom programming done, pm me for a quote. I also develop wordpress plugins.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you have any issues writing for windows servers?

I know most things are the same, but a few things change….and I also do not like perl to be involved in any way…

Also, is this a very limited offer, or is this something that you might be interested in long term as well….Whenever I get asked about specific projects I like to have an arsenal of places to turn to get quotes etc…

Rick
    Universal4

supervince

I have no problems coding for a windows server as long as its properly configured for the application being written.

When I say “limited time” I mean until i my schedule is full. Most of my clients are actually long term clients, even a couple here on this forum that I have been working with for a couple of years now. I only have enough time to take on a couple of new clients without affecting turn around times on new and existing projects.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand….

I know what you mean about properly configured servs too…

I always set up php to run as an isapi filter in IIS and do not actually install php. This removes a few security holes that have mostly been fixed anyway…but it also isolates any application.

If it happens to crash….it will not take down the server and will limit it’s damage to just that one site….that is if the worker processes are isolated….

What I’ll do is just keep you in mind to get a quote from if a project comes up…and iof you’re too busy…no harm no foul….

Rick
    Universal4

supervince

To be honest, I have much more experience with Linux and Apache than IIS and Windows. When something goes wrong on a Linux server or it needs to be optimized or reconfigured, I know where to look and I know how to fix the problem. On Windows servers, I usually don’t, unless its a php, mysql, or apache configuration issue. I have coded many applications that are Windows compatible but if there is a server issue, I will usually refer you to your host.

What I’ll do is just keep you in mind to get a quote from if a project comes up…and iof you’re too busy…no harm no foul….

No problem. PM me anytime and I will at least get back to you and let you know if I have time or not. Some projects are quick and some take a long time so its all good. :hattip:

aaronsmith

Rob is a very good guy to work with he has been working on my site for over a year now

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Rob…

And when something goes wrong on a windows server, I usually refer the problem to myself…..Since I am the host also in many cases…..LOL

Rick
    Universal4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)