Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

creatives theft by cap/gpwa/pal member

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paolino

Hi,

Just wanted to get some advice on best practice on dealing with this issue

In January, I got a private message from a gpwa private member telling me he loved my site, I replied thanking him, asking what sites he runs, but did not receive a reply

Then last week he messaged me again, saying I am a competitor and asking me for a link. I looked at his (brand new) site and see a load of my creatives (including original photography that I took). So, I emailed him and he said he would remove it as a priority, that he would never steal another man’s work etc. (he didn’t remove it)

I was pretty relaxed, just waiting (giving benefit of the doubt), but now I see he has the site for sale here at CAP, at GPWA and at PAL

Now, I’m not a big fan of flaming people on public forums, but now I feel that some poor webmaster might buy this site, thinking that my creatives are part of the package they are buying. They are not

I’ve emailed him again and am waiting for a response, but is my only real option now to go onto the public boards and tell everyone that this site contains my work without permission?

Is there a better way I can deal with this? I just want the creatives removed, rather than creating trouble on public boards…

Paolino

My images are now being taken off the offending site and I have received an apology

If this was down to somebody here that got in contact with the webmaster in question, then you have my sincere thanks :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad it’s solved :)

I hate content thieves.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)