Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Chipsplit Again Up to No Good with Affiliates

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AriGoldFTW

As if it wasn’t bad enough when Chipsplit made the horrible decision to make affiliates and players alike wait up to 8 weeks (or more!) to actually receive your money after making the initial withdrawal request. They have now made it almost impossible for their more successful affiliates ever to receive the full amount of their commissions.

For example, when they made that fateful decision, at that time it was still possible to make multiple withdrawal requests. One reason to do this was due to the fact that each check request could not be for more than $2,500 per check. Since it takes up to 8 weeks to get the check, when you were able to stack your payout requests, you would have to wait the 8 weeks for the first check, but each subsequent payment would arrive one week to 10 days later.

So, by way of example: if I am an affiliate that earned $10,000 in commissions last month. Using the previous system, I can make an initial request of $2,500. Then I could make 3 more additional requests for $2,500 each to round out the total balance due. After waiting 2 months, I would receive the 1st payment, then the 2nd payment might arrive a week later, then the 3rd check, and finally the 4th payment. So it would be possible for me to receive my entire $10,000 commission paid to me in full within the month that the actual payments began arriving.

Now, Chipsplit has once again changed how they pay players and affiliates alike:

Now, it is no longer possible to stack payments. In other words, you may only have one payment open at a time. What this means, using the example above: I would make one request for $2,500, then I’d have to wait 2 months before I can make the 2nd payout request, then wait 2 more months for the 3rd request, and so forth. So it would take at least 8 months before I received my entire commission. But wait, it gets worse:

And so, what if I have a number of successful months in a row, which I tend to do? You see, if you do the math, it is immediately apparent that it would be impossible for me to ever get all of my rightfully earned commissions.

So once again, I encourage ALL affiliates to AVOID promoting this company until such a time that Chipsplit begins doing the right thing.

Besides, what player wants to wait 2 months or more to get their money out of their player accounts? I personally WILL NOT send my acquired players to such a gaming site. It makes me look bad. And I have a reputation to protect.

Chipsplit Trust factor grade: “F”

Come on, Chipsplit! I really, really want to like you. I would really LOVE to push your brand. But if you can’t see how damaging your current payout decisions are, it does not give me any confidence in your ability to run a well-oiled machine, nor have any faith in your competence.

Please make some reasonable changes and I will be happy to return. BTW, I have signed up many thousand players to your site, before all this ill-informed decision on the part of management came into play.

I have since diverted all traffic that had been pointed to Chipsplit to your competitors who pay honorably, and on time every month.

Please, make some positive changes.

loquillocr

Hi Hand2mouth,

What is your ChipSplit username? I would be more than happy to look into this situation for you.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would suggest that once you start reaching the upper limit for cheques that you take a look at the Wire Transfer option.

This option has a minimum – but no maximum that I am aware of and seems to come through in about 10-12 days. We’ve been receiving them from Carbon Poker regularly without problems for a couple of years now.

AriGoldFTW

@TheGooner 254821 wrote:

I would suggest that once you start reaching the upper limit for cheques that you take a look at the Wire Transfer option.

This option has a minimum – but no maximum that I am aware of and seems to come through in about 10-12 days. We’ve been receiving them from Carbon Poker regularly without problems for a couple of years now.

Thanks, Gooner for giving me the opportunity to reply.

As a USA based affiliate, the only option I have available to me for cash out is via check. Which is also unfortunate, because 90% of the time, the check is drawn on a foreign bank, with a foreign routing number. My bank deposits the check, but then it takes anywhere from 10 days up to one month (more often closer to one month) before the check actually clears.

I wish I had the direct deposit method available to me.

Thanks for trying to be helpful.

Pr4LTkzbn7

@Hand2Mouth 254822 wrote:

Thanks, Gooner for giving me the opportunity to reply.

As a USA based affiliate, the only option I have available to me for cash out is via check. Which is also unfortunate, because 90% of the time, the check is drawn on a foreign bank, with a foreign routing number. My bank deposits the check, but then it takes anywhere from 10 days up to one month (more often closer to one month) before the check actually clears.

I wish I had the direct deposit method available to me.

Thanks for trying to be helpful.

I would strongly advise you to do business with a larger bank. Think multi-national with a strong presence in the USA and preferably doing business or having partnerships with Canadian banks. If you need suggestions, PM me.

You can also educate the teller that you deposit your check with. All checks are in USD, not CAD, and simply informing the teller when they get that clueless look in their eyes is often enough to stop them from sending the check off for collections.

As Gooner suggested, bank wire is another great option.

I’ve recently set up Skrill for our affiliate account with Chipsplit (not available to US players) and those payments come promptly each and every month.

Also, you could always sell your affiliate sheet or partner with a non-US affiliate. If that appeals to you, LMK, we do a lot of volume with ChipSplit :)

AriGoldFTW

Here we go again! Months of waiting to be paid.

Ever since Chipsplit decided to drop their affiliate program, ostensibly to “go it alone” to see if they could succeed in marketing without relying on affiliates, they have been incredibly slow to pay their already existing, loyal affiliate partners, as they promised that they would.

The last time this happened to me was this past June. I had earned commissions for January and February totaling several thousand dollars. On March 3rd, I logged into the cashier to request the payout.

And then I waited…. and waited… and waited….

Finally, on May 29th, I received the payment. Just a few days shy of a full 3 months!

On the positive side, at least a payment arrived. But waiting three months is not a good confidence builder. I mean, I have plenty of confidence in my own abilities in sending many new players to my partner sites. The lack of confidence comes from those sites that I’m partnered with to do what they promised from the beginning of our relationship.

And now, Chipsplit is doing it again. Further eroding any remaining faith in this company and the individuals behind it.

I have earned a considerable amount of commissions for the months of March, April and May. So, on June 3rd, I made a withdrawal request. And here we are, August 25th, and still no payment. Again, almost 3 months of waiting.

When I log into the cashier, it shows that the request had been made on June 3rd, and it still shows as “Pending”.

In the meantime, new commissions have accrued for June and July, but I can’t request those funds yet because the previous payment is still “pending”. The option we have as affiliates is to cancel the current payout request, and make a new request, including the new commissions. This option is, of course, unacceptable, because once you initiate a new request, you will be waiting for 3 months all over again. In my case, I will have waited over 6 months to get paid.

It’s a pathetically flawed system, managed by either completely incompetent people, or hardened thieves. Needless to say, that just doesn’t work! We, as affiliates, should get to know the names of the people who run these companies, so that when they jump ship, we can track where they go to next, and we can opt out of doing business with them wherever they go.

Come on Chipsplit. You’re better than this. Get it together!

foqekok

SO they are no longer accepting Affiliates ? What European poker programs would you recommend for US based Affiliate ?

Pr4LTkzbn7

@noodletheriver 265151 wrote:

SO they are no longer accepting Affiliates ?

Correct, ChipSplit is no long accepting affiliates. Nor is Commission Account, the brand that covers all the Jazette skins.

hand2mouth wrote:
    Waiting Months to be Paid by Chipsplit
    Here we go again! Months of waiting to be paid.

Well, this has come to an end. The affiliate payments are now swift once again. Our last 2 months of affiliate payments have been coming in approximately 2 weeks time. If only we could still refer players there :(

AriGoldFTW

The Bitcoin Payout Option at Chipsplit

As stated previously, I’m a north American affiliate and I have had an affiliate account with Chipsplit for many years. I used to enjoy sending traffic to them. In fact, I’ve sent them thousands of players over the years. So it was with great dismay that I had to stop sending them traffic when they stopped accepting new players.

Had I known that this was going to happen, I’d have likely sent my traffic to another affiliate program.

In fact, my best paying affiliate account only had a fraction of the players that my Chipsplit affiliate account had. Meaning that when I had about 2,500 players at Chipsplit, but only 900 players at a competing brand, I was making 3x the money with the 900 players. In retrospect, I wish I had sent those 2,500 Chipsplit players to the competitor. That’s 300% more commissions with 64% fewer players! But done is done. No use crying over that.

In regards to getting paid by Chipsplit in a timely fashion: ever since they stopped accepting new players, getting paid has taken a really long time.

I have a player account. I’m not a player, but this is how they used to pay out to their affiliates. The last couple times that I had requested a payout, it took over 3 months before I received payment. I guess waiting 3 months to get paid is much better than NOT getting paid. But still, it’s not very confidence-boosting to wait that long. Nor is it very professional on Chipsplit’s part.

Now, the new deal seems to be that Chipsplit no longer wants to payout using a player account. Instead they are requiring that their North American affiliates use Bitcoin.

I currently do not have a Bitcoin account. I don’t know much about Bitcoin and the research that I have done does not give me much faith or confidence in the Bitcoin system.

As a result, I have quite a bit of accumulated commissions in my Chipsplit affiliate account, which grows each month as new commissions are added to it. I’d like to cash it out, but have been reluctant to do so, due to my uncertainty regarding Bitcoin.

It is alleged that by using the Bitcoin payout option, commission payments will happen quickly. However, the Chipsplit terms and conditions state that this is not so. Read for yourself:

• 5.4 Time of Payment. Affiliate Commissions and Fees may be paid and sent out to a player account If approved, payment transfer will be provided within sixty (60) days of the close of the given calendar month, except that, if the total amount due for all Trackers is less than the preferred or limit of the payment option, the balance will be carried over and added to the next month’s Affiliate Fees until the total amount is more than preferred or limit of the processor option. Further, if the amount due is negative in any particular month, then that negative amount will carry over and be deducted against the following month.
    • Affiliate Wire Payments are processed to non-US bank accounts within sixty (60) days of the following month.
    • Bitcoin transfers will be processed within sixty (60) days of the following month.
    • Current Affiliate Payment Options at ChipSplit
      • Direct Wire: Minimum Payment $2,500 Processing Fee 3%
      • Bitcoin: Minimum Payment $250 Processing Fee 5%

So, as you can see, it appears that it will take quite a long time to actually get paid, no matter which payout method you choose.

The gambling affiliate market has quieted down significantly since the boom years of the early 2000’s. I have been researching the Bitcoin payout option online, but so far I have not been able to find anyone who has used it, how long it takes to actually receive payment, and how the Bitcoin method worked out for them.

I’m still looking for some answers. Any help in this respect will be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)