Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Checking backlinks necessary?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t checked if my reciprocal links for a year or so.
    I don’t know if my link partners still linking back to me.
    As this is very time consuming I really don’t like to do that.
    I have Brad Callens tool tough it takes a lot of time.

Has it a big impact to my sites in case several link partners don’t link back no more?
    Do you check your back links often?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes.

If the partner is rogue, you’re transfering PR from your page against nothing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Choosing link partners is like choosing sexual partners.

You sleep with everyone they sleep with.

The problem is not just if they are still linking to you, it is if their sites are decent and google likes them.

Just look at two a day…look at the site and take your time to get through. Kick out trashy sites too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Geez Dom, did you have to say that?

Now i feel all sleazy and don’t want to trade links any more:huh2:

Anonymous
    Inactive

when checking my links last time several of my link partners have taken down my link without notifying me.

How is the common “netiquette” with link partnerships?
    Is it ok to simply take down a link? :angel:

Anonymous
    Inactive

generally if the site wants to have a decent reputation in the industry, they wouldn’t take down your links unless it happens accidentally…

i once had all my built links deleted by google bot who crawled through a page that was previously password protected but my sysadmin fucked up, so it went through all the “delete” links and everything vanished…poof….

in any case, “the internets” is kind of a living organism so you do have to check your links once in a while. in regards to removing them…well, it just depends on who you are and what site you link to. if the site got completely trashy or turned to a banner farm, then i would remove the link. also if the site’s page has 400 other links on it, i would remove it too…

hope it helps

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the only reason you’re linking to a website is because they’re linking back to you, then you need to rethink your linking strategy anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If link partners don’t link back to mysites no more I am giving them one way links.

I am wondering if this is bad for my sites’ rankings.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Giving other sites one way links is certainly not bad for your rankings. If it were, you’d need to scrap a lot of affiliate links.

Ranking to crappy sites “can” be bad for your rankings though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Besides if they link not back no more I am giving and getting nothing back.
    That’s not ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Linking to good quality sites provides a valuable resource to your visitors, which means they will be more likely to bookmark and return to your site.

Linking to good quality on-topic websites probably has a good effect on your rankings in the search engines.

Linking to crappy sites just because they give you a link back accomplishes neither of the above.

If you link to great websites that are really good for your users, then you’re gaining, not losing. If they link back, then great, but if they don’t, you still get the benefits above. And you have the added benefit of never having to check to see if your link trade partners are still linking to you.

I NEVER spend time “checking up” on my link partners. There are way too many valuable uses of my time. And my sites do fine in the search engines.

@cat 131873 wrote:

Besides if they link not back no more I am giving and getting nothing back.
    That’s not ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Dominique 131857 wrote:

Dom, that is the quote of the month! :hattip:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)