Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

CelebPoker in 4 languages

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone. I wanted to let you know we have CelebPoker available in English, German, Spanish and Turkish for download. If you were thinking of getting into the Spanish market I believe now would be the time. Check out our new language pages (http://es.celebpoker.com) and email me if you would like a tracking link that points straight at it. ideas…

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s exciting.

I think foreign language poker has a bright future.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s so true, we have seen some of our internation affiliate partners do very well recently promoting these new language downloads. In particular there are a few German affiliates pushing that market well with the new CelebPoker landing pages.

My suggestion as an AM to affilates is this. Explore the Latin American market and see how the Spanish speaking countries will really take off soon. After the WSOP there will be a Spainish surge of new players…take advantage ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been looking for decent spanish poker program and so far celebpoker is the best. (from a players point of view)

Landing page looks good enough, spanish isn’t perfect but it’s better than in most places, registration was smooth (when I intentionaly left some fields blank I was informed in spanish that they need to be filled), and every single button in the software is in spanish (first time I see this). It also had a very cool euro-dollar conversion tool that should come in handy for a lot of players.

The only small(?) problem I found was that the word “check” was translated as “pasar” which in spain means to fold! I don’t know if this was a mistake or if that word can be used that way in south america, but it sure is confusing. I went crazy looking for a way to “check”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Javi, thanks a lot for the wording catch there for us. I am really pleased that you liked the Spanish site and we are noticing some really good feedback from players there. It’s always and advantage to actually be able to read a site :)

There are other language clients as well now. German is http://de.celebpoker.com and Turkish is http://tr.celebpoker.com

If you are an affiliate looking to push these language specific sites please shoot me an email and we can market these together. greg@celebpoker.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did some more reasearch on the “pasar” (check) word I pointed out before and discussed it on a couple spanish poker forums. They told me that the translation is terrible, but that the spanish online poker community has come to accept it.

I just thought I’d pass this new info along :Nod:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was about to check back with you on this. We talked with the in house translation team and they told us this was the ‘industry standard’ for terminology. I know that’s most likely not the best translation for the term but like you said it’s what used most.

Just from curiousity, what word would you have used for Check?

thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Just from curiousity, what word would you have used for Check?

That’s why I did the research, I just couldn’t think of anything that sounds ok.

I guess I would have left it as “check” in english and used “pasar” for the “fold” button. The people I’ve talked about this with agree, but everyone thinks it’s too late to do that now. It could create even more confusión.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)