Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

CAP Down Under

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Which of you aff managers (other than Shane – yes I know you’re coming) are going to be in Sydney for CAP Down Under?

:cheers: :drunk2:

This one will be there.

Tramalosri

I think every affiliate manager want to be down there, but very few being able to go,

Question is how many affiliates will be down there?

We aff managers that are stuck on the northern part where the temperature is getting closer to 0 day by day would love some sun.

Scratch2Cash

I will be in Australia – It will be my first time in Australia so I am looking forward to it.

It should be a great conference – if it’s anything like CAP spring break, life will be great. :hattip:

If you have any info to pass on please do.

David

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had this big post written out, then my IE decided to close itself for no reason at all.. I’m not having a great day so far..

Dave – I don’t think it’s going to be as good as CAP Spring Break (not that I’d know coz I wasn’t there) just coz there wont be as many people, but I can tell you that all of us aff managers who live in Sydney and the rest of Oz are going to make it a pretty hard one to beat!

Henrik – Just get your ass down here mate. You know you want to.

The weather here has been shockingly weird lately. Yesterday it was about 22-24 degrees, and today is the coldest day in October for 10 years and pissing down rain (which i might add causes people to lose the knowledge of how to drive).. will reach a max of 15 degrees today. Then 2 weeks ago we had a day that was 35 degrees… Usually in November its pretty hot though, so I’m sure by the time CAP Down Under is on, it’s going to be the best weather and maybe we can get some beach volleyball games in down bondi beach.. ;)

Oz is out of the question for us. We’re already attending Affilicon in Israel in
    November and then we are getting ready for CAP Euro London. I believe there
    are just to many events in our industry already. My question is just how many
    conventions do we really need? The year is already so full of events and what
    not, it’s getting hard to keep up with all of these new events.

If we had to attend all ofthe CAP and CAC events, there won’t any time to attend
    the other industry related events like Mobile Gaming, Digital Media and Marketing
    Fairs, Media Buying and so on…

Why not rather try and make the existing events even more successful than they
    currently are without piling on more events. Not that I think they weren’t successful
    but speaking from personal expieirience being mugged in Barcelona wasn’t exactly
    a fun to have happen. And why on earth run 2 event in the Dam almost back to
    back? What exactly is going on with this entire Amsterdam issue, we will only go
    to CAC because it’s been running longer and we always get value from it.

Tramalosri
    Star Partner;183034 wrote:
    And why on earth run 2 event in the Dam almost back to
    back? What exactly is going on with this entire Amsterdam issue, we will only go
    to CAC because it’s been running longer and we always get value from it.

A bit out of the loop, what other event is in Dam and when?

HenrikG;183041 wrote:
    A bit out of the loop, what other event is in Dam and when?

Intially there was only CAC Amsterdam but now they going to have CAP Amsterdam
    not even a month before CAC Amsterdam. CAC next year is being held between the
    March 30-31, 2009 and CAP is being held just before that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Star Partner 183044 wrote:

Intially there was only CAC Amsterdam but now they going to have CAP Amsterdam
    not even a month before CAC Amsterdam. CAC next year is being held between the
    March 30-31, 2009 and CAP is being held just before that.

I think the biggest issue here is that affiliates have to pay to attend CAC, whereas at the CAP conferences affiliates attend free… I’m pretty sure that’s why CAP decided to have a conference there..

I think there are way too many conferences too.. The reason being because not everyone makes a crapload of money a month (affs) and they can’t get to every single conference.. so we are left deciding which to attend to get the best exposure to the affs we want to meet.. Unfortunately for some of us, we don’t get to choose which conferences we go to – we get told.. so if my affs aren’t going to that conference, sux for us..

If they had 2 conferences a year I think that would be enough. It would give people time to save to attend, and also make it a little more likely that the person you want to meet will actually be at that conference..

Renee;183118 wrote:
    I think the biggest issue here is that affiliates have to pay to attend CAC, whereas at the CAP conferences affiliates attend free… I’m pretty sure that’s why CAP decided to have a conference there..

I some way I agree with what you’re saying but I was thinking about it and I believe
    there’s more to it than that. Affiliate going free is only a small part it.

ClubCont

I’ll be there, email/msn john@velvet-vegas.com skype: thisisvegas

Would like to chat with everyone including the competition, I mean the other AMs, muahahahahaha! Kidding were all friends in my books.

John

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)