Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

CAC Macau?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vladcizsol

Anybody have any feedback about the event? Any pics to share?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, Simmo, Spearmaster, what gives?

Anonymous
    Inactive

was a nice event with a rather low turnout. But was very cool to see some faces I haven’t met before alongside our usual friends that come to all of these things.

Pictures coming soon :) Macao is a very odd place, nothing like Vegas. The focus is MUCH more on the gambling and much less on the partying. The locals take their gambling seriously:wink-wink

Cheers
    Weblight

Anonymous
    Inactive

Currently at HK airport on my way home so I’m just jotting down unformulated thoughts here. What I can say is that while there were not many Western affiliates there, it was a very informative event and being smaller actually made it easier to meet new faces and do one-to-ones. Only 10 or so exhibitors but those that were there – it was a good chance to take some time and talk. I noticed quite a number of the other programs had reps here to listen in aswell!

One or two of the speakers cancelled but I went to quite a few of the seminars and have sheets of notes. It’s a complex market, but one I will definately be looking to when I get back. Without the information I collected I have to admit I would have spent a long time floundering around…the culture differences are fascinating, but not that difficult to overcome if you can identify the areas where thought is required. Speaking as an affiliate at least. Met some very interesting Asian based industry people too whose knowledge will be invaluable.

The Venetian is -amazing- ! The rooms superb, staff friendly…just so big too! Macau itself – not a lot to it but when you see the building work on the Cotai Strip (the Venetian is essentially standing alone at this point) it’s going to be massive in a couple of years. Food was fantastic, everything is so cheap here too. Only 40 mins to HK by Turbojet which in itself worked smoothly (well, the outward ride was bumpy!) and the fact they do check-in and immigration at Macau Ferry terminal makes life very easy.

Overall? Well worth the trip if you want to learn about Asia and want to make contacts in the region. If you’re not interested in Asia then CAC in Europe is probably better, but if you are then this has proved basically essential. The info I gleaned on payment processing alone was worth the visit.

The key thing is that the online gambling market here is about where the US was in Y2K. Good chance to learn and get in early. I wasn’t sure at first, but now I know I will definately be back next year.

Cheers

Ian

Anonymous
    Inactive

Simmo summed it up nicely. As is always the case with a first event in any market, turnout was moderate – but as word spreads, particularly amongst Asian affiliates, I’m sure the event next year will see quite a bit of growth.
    @Simmo! 146730 wrote:

The key thing is that the online gambling market here is about where the US was in Y2K. Good chance to learn and get in early. I wasn’t sure at first, but now I know I will definately be back next year.

Hmm. That royal flush was probably the main incentive ;)

I think it is important, especially for those of you who have been to Vegas, to come and see the Venetian for yourself so you can understand the differences between marketing to a Western audience and to an Asian audience. It’s something a bit hard to imagine without actually seeing it.

When Simmo gets home I’m sure he’ll have more to say about this – for me it’s quite normal and so it would be quite difficult to describe some of the striking differences – but for Simmo I am sure a number of things will have stood out.

For me, the most important and valuable thing I discovered was that there is a Fatburger in the Venetian! I gave up all other food, including free lunch, to go have Fatburger… three times, in fact…

poluroud20

I loved the conference – this turnout was low but the experience was superb.

The hotel was amazing & don’t think you could get so much great food in one place.

Weblight, Simmo: great seeing you again even though weblight made me have a burger at 4:30 in the morning after some serious roulette action :tongue:

The AffiliateClub.com team are now in Tokyo for the weekend and can say this place is rather lively.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed with the highlight being my luxurious palace of a room!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, sounds like I need to make it over there next time.

The Asian market sounds very interesting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Currently in HK for the weekend, but I’ll just post a lil bit about the trip.

Although I didn’t attend too many of the sessions or the conference, as always the people were superb. Macau is a beast in itself and the Venetian is fantastic – the rooms, woah! It’s a timeless zone of food gambling, drinking and more food. What more could you ask for?

There isn’t much in Macau yet bar the Wynn, Sands, Venetian (and other random local stuff) but I guarentee with the amount of building work they are doing, in 3 or so years that place will be absolutely incredible.

As Spearmaster said the Asian gambling culture is absolutely crazy. There were over 1,000 gaming tables in the Venetian and at peak times there must been 20 people crowded round 75% of them. Even at 11am there were more people gambling than I’ve ever seen, it’s amazing.

Once again, great to see everyone again and meet new faces!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick, was that you sitting with the Muppet at lunch the other day (Andreas also with you)? If so, sorry I didn’t get a chance to talk with you more. Would’ve liked to spend more time with affs but got tied up by operators constantly!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If “the muppet” = Ian then yes it was Andreas and I ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Spearmaster 146775 wrote:

Nick, was that you sitting with the Muppet at lunch the other day

It’s the “Blue muppet” to you :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

dominique, I was sure you would be there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)