Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Bug

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    misswigg

Hi Guys

This has happened to me twice now. Only a minor bug but did you know when accessing a CAP post via google the language on your profile automatically changes

Thanks

bosshoggs

Hey Caseym:

Thank you for this update. Just so I understand… If you go through a Google search to get to the CAP Forums, and then go into the forums that way, you see the forums in a different language? I just tried to do that on my end and the language setting was ok.

Just want to make sure I can understand what’s going on exactly so our tech team can help.

Thank you for letting us know of any issues!

misswigg

If I search for a post in the forums on google and come through the forums via google, perhaps you couldn’t replicate the issue as you went to the homepage via the forums?

bosshoggs

Have not forgotten about this issue… Pending in tech and hoping to get fixed for you soon!

misswigg

No worries Jillo, its only really minor :)

bosshoggs

Hi Caseym:

Our tech team has looked into this further, and it appears to be a function of vBulletin (the system our Forums runs off) rather than a bug…

The language dropdown at the bottom of the page in the forums allows to change your language and it does this by adding the ‘langid=’ parameter on the end of the URL. When following a Google link which also has the ‘langid=’ on the end it is effectively doing the same as selecting a language from the dropdown.

I wish there was something more we could do. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Jill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)