Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Blade Runner

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vladcizsol

After waiting years for the 1982 US Theatrical version of Blade Runner to be released on DVD I finally got my wish. I ordered the special edition 5 disk set which includes the Final Cut directors version and this set Rocks.

Not only do you get the DVDs but they include a shit load of other goodies in the briefcase including holgrams, a spinner car and an Origami Unicorn.

If you havent seen Blade Runner in years then you HAVE to give this set a try. It comes in special edition collectors kit like I have or you can save 20 bucks and just get the DVDs.

After watching several of the versions I have to say the Final Cut is the best of them all. Its digitally remastered and the dolby sound track shakes my theatre. The final cut also has deleted scenes which add a lot more depth to the movie and expand on Deckers charecter.

Blade Runner is hands down the best Sci Fi movie ever made. I cant say I have seen anything else that even approaches it. :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

A dumb question, is this movie with Harrison Ford? I saw a movie of his advertised the other day and I think they said it was Blade Runner. I’ve never seen it but am looking forward to watching it, especially after your post lol

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have seen parts many times never the full movie.. maybe I have to now

vladcizsol

Yep Harrison Ford is the star. Plus Rutger Haur acts his ass off. Edward James Olmos is in it as is Darryl Hannah.

The final directors cut is magnificent. You have to watch the whole movie and pay attention to all details as a lot of things fall into place as you reach the end and then you realize what a brilliant director Ridley Scott is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 148969 wrote:

Blade Runner is hands down the best Sci Fi movie ever made. I cant say I have seen anything else that even approaches it. :tongue:

By far the best my man… by fucking far.. When I was a kid I always wanted the future to be like that and I just cant say enough about how much I have thought about that movie and what its done to my thinking in life.

Other fav future movie of my youth…
    Escape from New York…

“Snake pliskin…… Yeah I heard of you…… I heard you were dead” – For some reason… I cant get that line out of my catalog of movie memories

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m gonna give a big thumbs up for the movie as well.

It’s a timeless classic – thanks Prof for this thread as it reminds me that I need to watch it again. If I wait a year or two in between the movie generates almost as much enjoyment as the first time.

I also find Red Planet to be very enjoyable time after time although I cannot put it anyhwhere near the same level as Bladerunner.

Happy Holidays!

Kevin 11

Anonymous
    Inactive

yea, i heard about that 5 disc DVD set coming out. would be a nice buy. not only is blade runner a nice, deep, thoughtful sci-fi movie, but i also find it excellent to fall asleep to :roflmao:

the music always does it for me, along with those freaky sounds :)

and as a spoiler,
    don’t read below if you don’t want me to ruin your xmas,

i shall tell you that the character played by harisson ford is also a replicant. replicants hunting down replicants, eh :hattip: that’s my kind of world

Anonymous
    Inactive

In the spirit of Christmas

U can watch Blade Runner on my site

Part 1

http://www.pimpstarproductions.com/blade_runner_1.html

Part 2

http://www.pimpstarproductions.com/blade_runner_2.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 149110 wrote:

then you realize what a brilliant director Ridley Scott is.

One of the most amazing achievements in movie history has to be Ridley Scott directing Alien and Bladerunner: he made not one but two instant classics in the span of three years. And not only that, but he managed create classics in the genre most despised by critics and other movie buffs – scifi. Too bad his later career has never really risen to the level of these early masterpieces.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Astronaut 149254 wrote:

One of the most amazing achievements in movie history has to be Ridley Scott directing Alien and Bladerunner: he made not one but two instant classics in the span of three years. And not only that, but he managed create classics in the genre most despised by critics and other movie buffs – scifi. Too bad his later career has never really risen to the level of these early masterpieces.

I agree :)wholeheartly with you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)