Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Bad Beat Jackpot Question

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just writing an article about the new Absolute Poker bad beat jackpot.. if I have this right..

.50 is taken per hand, in addition to rake?

then when won:

10% IS KEPT BY AP? That’s where my question is.. if AP is keeping 10% .. are affiliates making money from that 10%?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes an addition $.50 is taken in addition to the rake. AP takes 10% of the jackpot and from what I have seen affiliates get none of it. They learned that move from Party. They have changed the terms on it several times in the week it has been out. They also have a shill (probably a higher up) spamming 2+2 with this crap.

The jackpot situation is atrocious. They are raking $.50 out of any flopped hand. For example in $.50/$1 everybody folds to small blind that calls. The big blind then checks so the pot is $2. But no, the jackpot takes $.50 and the regular rake is $.10 so the pot is actually $1.40. That is right, they take $.50 out of a $2 pot for the jackpot. This makes the low limit BBJ games virtually unbeatable and AP will rake out your players much faster and give you none of the extra rake but causing them to bust faster. Great deal isn’t it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanx for the reply, I was getting tired of the echo in here… I think this is BS, if you’re raking my players pot, then I am entitled to a percentage of that rake.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The T&C’s would lead one to believe they get paid on all revenue generated so reading that I would assume you get paid although there is no guarantee. Maybe their rep can clear this up?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Pokeraddict 129919 wrote:

Maybe their rep can clear this up?

That would be groovy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice how their rep just completely ignored this thread when answering the other thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The blurb on the chipleader site say that ‘Ap will pay any affiliate that has a player that hits the Bad Beat Jackpot 10% of their players winnings’ – is that the 10% that they keep back?

PanicAttack

Hi Everyone my apologizes for missing this thread.

Please read our bulletin: http://affiliates.chipleader.com/members/welcome.asp

History Made at Absolute Poker as Bad Beat Jackpot Hits Twice in 48 Hours Monday Jun 25 2007
    #

Miami, FL (PRWeb) June 26, 2007 – Within one day of releasing its new Bad Beat Jackpot game, Absolute Poker doled out nearly $78,000 to five lucky Absolute Poker players after the very first jackpot was hit.

Less than 48 hours later, it was déjà vu for players of the new online poker game as the jackpot bells tolled once again.

“This is proof that Absolute Poker has taken the lead in making online poker more lucrative,” stated David Clainer, senior vice president for Absolute Poker. “When you can lose a hand and walk away with tens of thousands of dollars, it’s pretty amazing.”

The first Bad Beat Jackpot was won early Saturday morning by CGA11 who lost quad tens to NEDKELLY’s straight flush. In traditional Texas Hold’em, CGA11 would have walked away from the table with nothing but a whole lot of anger. However, at a Bad Beat Jackpot table, when a player loses a hand holding four two’s (2222) or anything better, they win the largest piece of the Bad Beat Jackpot. In CGA11’s case, that meant nearly $40,000 for his losing hand. All players who were seated at the table where they bad beat occurred also shared in the jackpot.

History repeated itself early Monday morning when MARKM3451 lost four of a kind to WHITETAIL0’s king high straight flush, losing the hand but winning nearly $13,000 by hitting the jackpot.

Absolute Poker is the only online poker site open to U.S. players to feature Bad Beat Jackpot tables. Full details on the latest addition to Absolute Poker’s suite of poker games can be found at http://www.absolutepoker.com/badbeatpoker.

AP AFFILIATES SHOULD GET A PIECE OF THE ACTION TOO

AP will pay any affiliate that has a player that hits the Bad Beat Jackpot 10% of their player’s winnings.

Please let me know if you any questions, I’d be more than happy to talk about the BAD BEAT! i’m sure there will be changes, and I will update you as best as I can. If you are interested in having an XML feed on your site regarind this shoot me a PM or email at Danielle@chipleader.com

Have a good one!

Cheers,
    Danielle :rockband:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    AP will pay any affiliate that has a player that hits the Bad Beat Jackpot 10% of their player’s winnings.

So the answer is no, affiliates get none of the 10% AP rakes out of the BBJ. They only get a share of the 70% if one of their players hit it. In the meantime AP is only paying affiliates a share of 97% of their MGR, not 100%.

I guess that makes it almost a wash but not quite. BBJ is $100,000 and let’s assume all players were affiliated. Players divide $70,000, $20,000 goes to new BBJ and AP keeps $10,000 but only gives $7000 of it to affiliates and rakeback players. This means that AP keeps $3000 of the BBJ (essentially rake that should go to player’s MGR) and pays affiliates and rakeback players 0% of this rake. Basically it means that you now only get your % of 97% of MGR – all the new deductions like deposit fees. It does not sound like much but when your players are busting quicker because they are playing unbeatable games due to the excessive rake they will stop playing and go somewhere else.

Also with the amount of times AP changes terms on things you need to be checking daily for the new twist.

Anonymous

agree with addict: the new terms for poker affs suck! i’ve dropped AP as a result though don’t do a lot with poker anyway because of the way rebakes have drug down the industry.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Completely not thrilled, if you’re raking my players 10% extra then I want a % of that rake, not a percentage of some win if it should happen.

Anonymous
    Inactive

completely agree, if they are taking a percentage then we should recieve a percentage of that!
    If an affiliate recieves 10% of their players winnings will subaffiliates recieve 5% of that 10%?
    themac

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice point, I hadn’t even thought about sub affiliate earnings, probably because I don’t earn more than about 5 bux a month in sub earnings, but I am a referred affiliate, probably by CAP, I’m not sure, but at any rate, if one of my players win, my referring affiliate gets cheated, in the meantime, if my players lose, some other affiliate profits..

ick and more ick.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The scrolling promotional bar at the bottom says at the end…..

“Absolute Poker, continuing to be the best and most trusted?”

Even they question if you can trust them anymore. Wonder if it has to do with the BBJ.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)