Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Ask Jack – What is a Quality Link?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Final thought, and a good rule when doing your link building:

Pagerank is LESS important than IP diversity. In other words, dont go crazy on Ning, etc.

James_W

– Relevance.

@pokerseo 214781 wrote:

– Relevance.

True. Thats a good one.

I like to run the site I’m getting a link from through a keyword rank checker to see where it pops up. If they rank high for terms I am trying to rank for, it usually ends up helping much more then getting a link from a non relevant site.

About age of domain, I have heard they look at age of domain under current owner, what happens if you move servers or switch the ownership of a site? Is it worth less or does none of that matter?

James_W

@Gregger 214799 wrote:

True. Thats a good one.

I like to run the site I’m getting a link from through a keyword rank checker to see where it pops up.

on google, using the related operator (e.g. related:example.com ) in the search box tells you what google thinks a site is about.. often times you will see people selling links on high PR n sites which they claim are related to X, but are in fact related to Y in the eyes of the mighty search engines.. a useful tool which many duped linkbuyers wish they had used before buying links :)

TrixOnline

i’ve found that link age, particularly on low PR web pages is very important. If google only caches a page once a week or less, you want that link to remain on the page throughout tons of caches so that google begins to give you credit for that link.

Also, with low PR web pages, relevancy is a must as you only get a tiny bit of authority power from the link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll throw out “traffic” as an important factor. I look at Compete’s data and find it interesting when a PR4 site registers zero traffic, which to me means something doesn’t add up. You can also find PR1 sites that have traffic, so they must be doing something right to be able to attract some traffic to their website.

Yeah it seems that there is alot what goes into a quality link, I believe some people can be too picky however and turn down a free link. At the end of the day 1 free unrelated link is better than no link at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)