Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Affiliate Theft of Content

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

I just sent this email to you and hope to receive a reply shortly. I find the actions of one of your affiliates to be underhanded and deceptive, and I hope you do not allow this person to prosper.

===============================

Dear Poker Room,

…One of your affiliates (affiliate number 39844) is stealing our (APCW) video content and redistributing it with his information placed on it.

( click here to see )

Normally, we would not care too much if someone redistributed our material. However, the fact that he has placed his direct link on our video does several things:

1) He is now attempting to profit from our work.

2) He gives the impression that we are associated with his site.

3) He gives the impression that we are promoting his site.

4) He places a direct link to gambling into our material which puts APCW into serious legal jeopardy. I assure you that the Washington State Gambling Commission watches what we do very closely, and we are in contact with them on a regular basis. Should they see this link in our video they will inquire.

We have attempted to contact this person but he has hidden his identity and will not answer emails. We ask that the Poker Room contact this person and ask that he remove this video immediately and not re-post anymore of our material.

If this does not work, we respectfully ask that you refuse him any profits he may generate at your site for SPAMMING and VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHT until he stops operating in this manner, and do not give him credit for players brought in under this method of brand-theft marketing.

We thank you and are willing to work with you in whatever means we can. But every lead we follow on this person is hidden. This is not a good guy, so we are very very hopeful you will help us stop the spread of people like this on the web so that they do not prosper.

Thank you…

J. Todd :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agreed, this is very serious and has to be stopped asap.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This video has been removed by the user.

just wanted to say
    Great e-mail J. Todd
    keep up the good work and all the best to you :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi freinds…

Yes indeed, the video had been taken down… and before I even had lunch! LOL!

I was able to contact the domain registrar and they wanted no part of this issue so — somehow — the video was yanked for You Tube.

Thank God for the small victories that help keep me somewhat sane! :inlove:

Anonymous

Integrity, good that everything worked out!
    Please keep me updated should anything else happen.
    p.s. the affiliate id you gave me doesn’t exist.

BR katrien

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, katrien…

I certainly will let you know if the issue presents itself again.

@Katrien 146509 wrote:

p.s. the affiliate id you gave me doesn’t exist.

I got the id number off the redirect from this domain name… the domain name that was posted on the video in question:

http://www.pokerballer.com

Click that link and see what comes up…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)