Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

U.S. Gov’t Flags Names???

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wasn´t there a huge scandal a while back that the US were given access to the data of the biggest European clearing bank in Belgium? If you´re European they probably have your data already.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nono, thay was belgium giving stolen data to the dutch

yorktown

I did not get my mail today, and it is not a holiday. I usually receive those magazines from Fortune and BellRock in the mail… Actually, I haven’t received those in awhile. I think I’ve been “flagged” by the US government. Crap.

Anonymous
    Inactive

elgoog maybe you can produce a link because I´m pretty sure that was what happened. What business should the Dutch have with Belgian data. I´m talking about a clearing bank.

http://www.privacyinternational.org/article.shtml?cmd%5B347%5D=x-347-538978

This is what I´m referring to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

srry, i was talking about another issue

Anonymous
    Inactive

no worries, the US breaking into SWIFT is some twisted shit.:beatup:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are some Internet references that allude to that fact that NETeller does have some “non-gambling” business (search for the key phrase “non-gambling”, in each of these articles:

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2005/0425/046.html

http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-news/news/neteller-takes-cautious-position-on-us-poker-deposits-29350.htm

http://riskmarkets.blogspot.com/2006/10/top-of-anti-gambling-movement.html

I also spoke with a woman in NETeller this morning, and asked her if she was aware of NETeller being in any market other than gambling, and after some coaxing, she admitted “NO”. She did say though that NETeller offers the ability to transfer funds from one NETeller user to another.

Anonymous
    Inactive

dalster, is there any update on this issue? could you post one when there is one?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Officially, Neteller does take on non-gambling merchants. I asked about becoming a merchant for my travel agency/site.

However, the fees they wanted at the time were not workable, they were charging the same for non-gambling transactions as they wanted for gambling transactions. Given the low profit level for the travel business, it simply was not realistic.

Do I know of any non-gambling merchants? No.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Responding to the original subject.

This is just my thought on your situation, and of course I have way to know for sure, but this is what probably has occurred.

#1 There has not been enough time for the new law to have the effect you are describing. In fact, the law is not even enacted yet, so your problem is stemming from something other than the new law.

#2 Based on the info you stated, you apparently live in Canada, have bank accounts in the U.S., and are having money from countries, (foriegn to the U.S.), sent to a U.S. Bank, and then re-transfering that money up to Canada, also technically,…. a foreign country to the U.S..
    The U.S. has tightened up due to 911, and is definately looking for stuff like that, but not as it relates to gambling, but to look for money laundering, and possible terrorist activity.
    My guess is that you were flagged by Homeland Security, not Hr 4411.

That audit trail DOES looks suspicious when evaluated by the basic parameters they probably have input into their computer systems to hunt down this kind of activity.
    It doesn’t appear that you are being accused of anything, just that they want to make sure you are, who you say you are, and that you aren’t setting up a funding mechanism for future terrorist activity. That may sound pretty extreme, but let there be no mistake, they ARE looking hard for this kind of audit trail.
    And,…it’s easy for them to spot this type of process.

I’m guessing you set this system of payment up for exchange rates or something like that?

If you have a lot of money in those accounts, then you have to decide whether you want to send them the info.
    Personally, I think they just want to scratch you off the list. Not providing the info may in fact breed more problems for you.
    Providing the info will probably just get you off the list, and un-freeze your accounts since you’re obviously not a terrorist, or setting up a terrorist funding system!

No matter what you do though, I would suggest that you change the process you are using immediately, and fund straight to an account in Canada to eliminate that strange looking audit trail. JMO.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)