Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

SO How Much Traffic Did You Lose?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Never panic with a google change. I see some sites that were devistated starting to come back into some rankings, not near as good as they once were but at least into the top 100 when they were out of the top 1000.

voodooman

Maybe there should be mandatory blood testing for the Google Penguin algorithm crew. ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone know exactly what this penguin update did that made all of these sites lose their positions? I know this sounds like a stupid question but I know there was various changes they made in the update but does anyone have specifics – i.e because of site wide links, duplicate content etc.
    The reason I ask is because so far I have not seen a drop in my own sites rankings but I have 160 sites to go through, so I am pretty sure some of them may have been hit and need to know what to look out for.

turboodds

Hi Heather,

Its really weird because some serious sites got hit hard. If you look at the serps for some important keywords you will see some serious flaws in googles new ranking. IN some cases single page sites are on page one while sites 10 years old are gone.

I can for example build a site now and within a week have it rank better then sites that have worked 1000s of hours building unique content and spending thousands of dollars on promoting the site.

I think it mostly has to do with backlink profiles….

Having links to your site DNFG anymore (do no fxxxxing good :-)).

It also affected sites with say to much focus on specific anchors.

As far as i know anyways… i had a site drop so badly i would have to pay someone to take it. LOL

frazerd

Had a site or two hit, and the drop seemed to be about to 20% of pre-penguin traffic.

If I had to guess I would say sitewides / blogrolls – especially from dodgy neighborhoods – and unnatural over-anchoring are two of the big offenses being singled out, but it’s really tough to say given that so much of what’s now in the top for many medium-competition poker terms is so garbagy and seems to commit similar offenses…

S.Schmidt

I lost rankings for a couple of my major sites due to the Penguin update; sites that were mostly white hat and content driven. Other sites that were more grey-ish and small seemed to survive with little damage whatsoever.

Here’s how I’ve observed major Google algorithm changes:

1. Update starts, some SERPs change dramatically and some sites fall off the face of the Earth.
    2. Update settles, Google evaluates results on their end.
    3. Google undoubtedly hears from angry webmasters across all verticals that their well designed, “content WAS king” sites are gone.
    4. Google probably pays attention to a few of these people and reanalyzes their algorithm shift.*Note: Gambling SERPs are an extremely low priority, although their competitiveness better illustrates the nuanced changes to Google’s algorithm compared to other non-competitive markets.
    5. Sites that survived mostly maintain rankings. A few lucky sites get their rankings back. Otherwise, you have to build trust with Google again, and this might take 6-8 months to do.

Hopefully Penguin won’t turnout to be a complete disaster. :banger:

That said, those complaining to Google that they’ve lost all their traffic will get little sympathy. It’s not Google’s job to send you traffic no matter how good or how old your site is. All they care about is producing quality search results that may or may not be beneficial to you.

Fingers crossed!:nervous:

smitser

It’s time for people to understand that it’s not about search engine quality, Its about not letting people make money. It’s like what they did with real estate but now its online real estate. Google sucks, just google something and look at the results.

Garbage sites like spoke, yahooo answers, and more crap.

You cant make money with anything these days, if you do they figure it out and f u.

misswigg
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Its a great article, And the data they gathered makes sense as its expalined in the comments section.

Summing it up, buying 40000000 links with the same anchor text, from a network of non related sites will kill you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been told that you really have to build up your backlinks with your domain name itself, basically you have to brand your sites. These backlinks now need to be a weighty portio of your link profile.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Google just loves to make people dance! We are fine so far the only thing we lost was 1 newer site that was EMD it has totally been wiped off. I read an article forgot where but some are saying good ole Matt’s team made a goof up and wiped out some good quality sites on accident.

It is frustrating I know for many but I wonder if it is a good idea to react so soon with a total revamp of your SEO, maybe let the dust settle a bit then decide? Hell who knows next week they could release the Panther…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I lost the 75% of traffic on my most important website that was daily updated with fresh and exclusive content, I’m quite disappointed, I feel like unemployed after years with no reasons. I saw that a lot of spammy websites are still on their old positions, so how they can consider this update a success? I have the same results on some of my non-gambling related portals, same question, how it’s possible to be pushed down with REAL content and in some cases see your space taken by quite spammy websites?? Is this a joke? What are we discussing about? Some of my less important pages are now in higher positions, why?…of course, I’m just quite upset, you can tell…but basically this is the report of the last month…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@detordiggei 240430 wrote:

I lost the 75% of traffic on my most important website that was daily updated with fresh and exclusive content, I’m quite disappointed, I feel like unemployed after years with no reasons. I saw that a lot of spammy websites are still on their old positions, so how they can consider this update a success? I have the same results on some of my non-gambling related portals, same question, how it’s possible to be pushed down with REAL content and in some cases see your space taken by quite spammy websites?? Is this a joke? What are we discussing about? Some of my less important pages are now in higher positions, why?…of course, I’m just quite upset, you can tell…but basically this is the report of the last month…

I feel the same way.

Google liked a site of mine from the start, so I kept adding more real posts. But then “WHAM” , down to position #155

Major bummer

Good thing I have other sites

bosshoggs

@detordiggei 240430 wrote:

Thanks for your candor and sharing what’s going on with you, detordiggei. Although it stinks… you’re not alone. I know several iGaming Affiliates that are in the same boat right now.

So… what’s your game plan. Are you going to work to recover your sites? Or, are you looking to branch out into a new sector?

turboodds

I just sold a site that was hit for a few hundred bucks.. LOL at one time was offered over 100K — IMO once hit its permanent. Gonna sell our whole network for pennies and start over.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)