Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Australia Through to the Next Round of the World Cup! Ole Ole Ole

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Renee/Kris perhaps we should move he focus to golf/tennis/cricket/cycling/swimming or some other sport that on a per capita basis we are well above the average. But then perhaps this thread should remain what it was intended to be, a light-hearted chance to have a celebration.

Considering the dire situation Soccer Australia was in a few years back I think it’s a pretty good job so far. Also the fact that any player here that shows promise has to travel half way around the world to pursue their dream, it’s still a good effort.

But what would I know, I retired from the game when I was 9 years old…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m enjoying the interest in the world cup talk here.

Been trying to watch as many games as possible.

I’m happy for Oz but I’m thinking they may be in over their heads this time round. Italy, although lacking some scoring ability, are still a world class team with great defence and are always a contender.

Regarding the other teams:

I have not been super impressed with Brazil thus far even though they are the favorites to win it all. In my opinion, should be Germany & Brazil in the final and unlike last time round, Germany may take it.

Have watched the last final meeting between these 2 teams many times and it was an evenly played game with Germany lacking the scoring finesse of Brazil, I think this has changed and the outcome will be different.

England have a strong squad but lost a key player and for some reason don’t seem to be able to rise to the occasion at world cup.

Spain has been very impressive but need to see what they can do against a tougher opponent.

Portugal & Netherlands – Similiar style and one of these 2 could also be dangerous.

Argentina – Like the way they are playing thus far but don’t see them making it all the way.

The Rest – Dont see any one else really having a good shot at it, but who the heck really knows…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really wanted to come in here and watch Nick777 eat humble pie but alas I can’t. So I’ll just have to suffice by quoting from an earlier post.

Looking at it this way…italy is a big step up in class from anything australia have played, with the exception of brazil, who just beat your australia 2-0 a few days ago…i expect italy will shutout australia and win pretty easy

I guess a penalty goal in the last ten seconds or so of the match is an easy win. Yes I know Italy was down to 10 players for much of the match however Australia also had one of their best strikers on the sideline for the entire match. Not looking to get into a heated argument, just having a bit of fun and hopefully you see it that way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Italy + FIFA + Don Corloene

Australia

For people like me watching wolrd cups since may years ago this is not a surprise.
    The penalty against Australia is now in the hall of the shame in FIFA.
    Australia was in better athletic conditions to stand the suplementary time of 30′. The rest is history

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jarvi wrote:
    I really wanted to come in here and watch Nick777 eat humble pie but alas I can’t.

:rollover:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I think the biggest shame here is that nick777 wont be flying to Aussie land to drink with me :(

Nevermind.. we have 4 years to train. It was a crappy way to go down, but we made it that far and that’s the main thing…

Nick – Not such a win pretty easily… They had to fake a fall to get a penalty to win… Either way, I’m not sour…

nick777 wrote:
    Looking at it this way…italy is a big step up in class from anything australia have played, with the exception of brazil, who just beat your australia 2-0 a few days ago…i expect italy will shutout australia and win pretty easy

I wish the rest of the teams good luck.

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Renee wrote:
    Well I think the biggest shame here is that nick777 wont be flying to Aussie land to drink with me :(

You’re only saying that cuz you don’t know me

The last time i was on an island i had to be deported

Anonymous
    Inactive
    nick777 wrote:

Renee wrote:

You’re only saying that cuz you don’t know me

The last time i was on an island i had to be deported

Well I don’t know how you’d go here… Our country is bigger than most European countries and takes the same amount of time to fly across as the states… so, island? No island here – just much less people and more places to hide :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK Nick

Time for your insight…

Who should I be tipping to win the next 2 games?

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Renee wrote:
    OK Nick

Time for your insight…

Who should I be tipping to win the next 2 games?

Cheers

What is this, the Ask Nick section

I also offer advice on relationships…:1circling

I thought i did the games already in the other thread, right next to the thread about the guy walking on water who wishes he could pick games like me

Oh well, i’ll save you the trouble of reading through my long winded speel, and say Italy pulls of the upset and knocks out Germany at home, and France takes care of business against Portugal

You can send me a plane ticket to Australia from your winnings

*Note

I am not liable for any loss you may incurr as a result of following my advice

Although i am the greatest handicapper in the world, i am not perfect(debatable), so please wager at your own risk

About the games

It seems people, and the books are making Germany the favourite over Italy for the wrong reasons, they are assuming that Germany will get favourable treatment playing at home, and that will be enough to put them through…i don’t agree with that, Italy is the better team, Germany is gonna have serious problems scoring goals on the Italians and their experienced defense, while Italy’s forwards have an experience advantage on Germany’s defense and should be able to score on them, it won’t be easy but i think Italy comes through, yet again

France is deadly now, they just knocked out Brazil, and know they can beat anyone, they are gonna come out with more confidence than ever before, and likely attack more…Portugal is like a prize fighter who’s been on the ropes for a long time and barely surviving, they might just be ready to finally go down

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL perhaps we should change the thread subject to ‘Ask Nick’ :laugh:

I thought Germany would beat Italy, so I’m going to change my tips… Thanks for the update :)

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Renee wrote:
    LOL perhaps we should change the thread subject to ‘Ask Nick’ :laugh:

I thought Germany would beat Italy, so I’m going to change my tips… Thanks for the update :)

Cheers

No, dont do that on my account(unless you feel it yourself)

I thought Germany would win this thing before it started, and made them the team to beat…i just like the way Italy is looking at the moment, noticed a couple Germans limping around last game too…my logic is that Italy have just as good a chance of winning this game at bigger odds, and history favours them…Germany has yet to figure out a way to beat Italy…plus Italy plays a more creative game, but it could go either way, you dont know if the ref will decide to cheer for Germany, no team can overcome something like that

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh Crap… that makes it hard then.,..

ok ill leave my tip for Germany… cross your fingers :)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)