WPT to Host First Poker Tournament in Italy
March 10, 2009 (InfoPowa News) — The romantic and historic city of Venice will be the venue for the first major poker tournament in Italy currently being planned by the World Poker Tour for May 6 – 10, 2009.
The tournament will be held at the Casino di Venezio, with a buy-in of €4,000 + €400, with the winner taking not only a substantial cash prize, but receiving a sponsored seat at the 2010 World Poker Tour Championship, worth $25,000.
"We're thrilled to launch our first ever brick-and-mortar WPT tournament offering in Italy," said WPT CEO Steve Lipscomb. "Bwin is a strong partner with the right market position in the region. We look forward to working with them to bring this event and the WPT brand to poker players in Italy and Europe.”
Bwin will broadcast the event on its Web-TV channel.
“We are delighted to be working with the WPT on this speculator tournament,” said Manfred Bodner, co-CEO of bwin. “This event will bring in the excitement that only bwin can offer — people will be able to bet on the players of the final table while watching the action on the screen.”
- Sister Online Casinos To Host $100k Slots Tournament
- Ladies International Poker Series (LIPS) Tournament Kicks Off in Peru This Month
- Full Tilt Poker Breaks More Records To Expand Heads-Up Tournament
- Bluff Poker Tour Kicks Off Sunday
- Europe's First Major Poker Tournament Of 2009 – The PartyPoker Irish Poker Championship