Will Last Sunday’s Million Set the Pace for 2009?
January 6, 2009 (InfoPowa News) — Discounting the media doom and gloom over economic prospects for 2009, last weekend's PokerStars.com regular Sunday Million tournament set a cracking pace for the year ahead with a turnout of 8,504 players.
The $1.5 million guarantee on the prize pool was easily met and overtaken, offering players the chance to win a piece of $1,700,800, a bonanza that enabled 1,260 players to cash.
The finish was influenced by a three-way chop between stoledog, Prom Queens, and USA_20080920 that left stoledog the top dog with $150,793 and change. This doughty online player went on to win the final game after a heads up with USA_20080920 gave him the additional $30,000 and a total take-home of $180,793.55.
His opponent collected a paycheck for $108,182.93 for his second placing, with the six-figure money extending to Prom Queens in third place, who was paid out $150,000.
- Centrebet Dévoile des Encouragements pour Jouer aux 2009 Million de Tournois australiens
- Asian Poker Tour Announces 2009 Manila Event
- Report: 4.3 Million Online Poker Players in Italy
- UltimateBet Launches Satellites for $3 Million Online Championship Series
- CryptoLogic Anticipating $3.6 Million Forex Hit