Unforgettable SEO Quotes
The world of SEO is full of memorable moments, unforgettable characters and is definitely fertile ground for memorable quotes. Here are a few of our very favorite quotable SEO moments.
- SEO is like acupuncture and homeopathy: It works even if you don’t know how or why — Tad Chef, SEO 2.0 SEO Blog
- My practical approach based on experience is to create a website for real Internet users, not for search engine spiders. – Dave Naylor, DavidNaylor.co.uk
- I think if you’re trying to build links through blog comments you’re probably doing it wrong…Your energy would be a lot better spent creating relationships with other bloggers. – Dave Snyder, Dave Snyder Shares His No-Nonsense, Proven Answers for Casino SEO
- SEO is a noun, verb, and adjective. — Todd Malicoat, Stuntdubl
- Nowadays when Google sets out to build something, they don’t do it to build the best product in its class; they do it to extract more data from/about you, profile you better, and sell you to advertisers as a more targeted and qualified prospect. – Steve Jones, SEO Engineer at Fresh Egg
- You don’t want the next Penguin update. – Matt Cutts, Head of Google WebSpam
- Great content has always worked, and now it works even better than before. But it’s not that Google loves content these days — it’s just that Google stepped up its game at picking out bad links. – Michael Martinez, SEO Theory
- lot of people think if they want to be number one in casino poker they need link with the link text casino poker. If this is ‘old school link development,’ yes it’s dead. – Kay Schaeffer, Is Link Building Really Dead?
- There was a nice change of phrase from Google saying, ‘Negative SEO is not possible,’ to saying, ‘We’re trying to fight negative SEO as much as possible… It does exist and it is a real threat. – Bastian Grimm, Is Negative SEO for Real?
- Rather than scrolling down the page past a slew of ads, users want to see content right away. – Matt Cutts.
- Link building will not go away. I have no problem with it as long as people understand there are risks entailed in such work. – Michael Martinez, SEO Theory.
- Does an affiliate marketing program cause a traffic drop? No, but pure affiliate sites are unlikely to rank. Luisella Mazza, Google
- SEO is not SPAM. — Matt Cutts
What are your favorite SEO quotes? Share them in the comments section below.